• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TETRA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobsmith

Does TETRA use "NAC" I'm sure it's not called this on TETRA but do they use special codes to mute other traffic on DMO mode? If so, what are the codes like? ex: FKF, 123.. thanks.

Raccon

Does TETRA use "NAC" I'm sure it's not called this on TETRA but do they use special codes to mute other traffic on DMO mode? If so, what are the codes like? ex: FKF, 123.. thanks.
In TETRA DMO you can associate each channel (= frequency) with a GSSI - Group Short Subscriber Identity, so that a radio without the matching GSSI will not be able to listen to the communication.
Since it would be possible to program the channel and GSSI to any TETRA radio (assuming you have the required knowledge and tools) encryption can be applied by associating a SCK - Static Cypher Key with each DMO channel/GSSI, preventing eaves-dropping.

denseglow

In TETRA DMO you can associate each channel (= frequency) with a GSSI - Group Short Subscriber Identity, so that a radio without the matching GSSI will not be able to listen to the communication.
Since it would be possible to program the channel and GSSI to any TETRA radio (assuming you have the required knowledge and tools) encryption can be applied by associating a SCK - Static Cypher Key with each DMO channel/GSSI, preventing eaves-dropping.

May I ask? Is this a three digit code, 5, 20? Can you use a combination of letters and numbers or just one or the other? Is there a limit to how many numbers you have in a code, ect? I am trying to learn more aboout TETRA and since we don't have it here in the states this is my only way to! :)

Thanks!

Raccon

May I ask? Is this a three digit code, 5, 20? Can you use a combination of letters and numbers or just one or the other? Is there a limit to how many numbers you have in a code, ect? I am trying to learn more aboout TETRA and since we don't have it here in the states this is my only way to! :)

Thanks!
The GSSI can be in the range from 0 to 9999999 while the SCK is a 80-bit key (typically entered in HEX, e.g. 01 A4 FE 65 ...).

A TETRA radio can store at least one set containing 32 SCKs, each of which can be associated with any of the DMO groups; actually keys 1-30 are recommended for DMO use and keys 31 & 32 for fallback operation of the base station but as mentioned it's only a recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.