TRX-2: TETRA Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpstinson1963

Toronto Scanner News
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering when or if Whistler would be doing a firm wear upgrade for the TETRA Standard?

Thank You

WPStinson

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering when or if Whistler would be doing a firm wear upgrade for the TETRA Standard?

Thank You

WPStinson

You would need to contact Whistler directly for that information, they are the only ones that would know... but it's doubtful they will say anything one way or the other. Any other source would just be guessing or rumors. Click on this link, and then use the "Start Conversation" button.

wpstinson1963

Toronto Scanner News
Premium Subscriber

CycleSycho

:) Good luck in getting a definitive outcome on Whistler adding any TETRA updates. Like fsdxcon posted above it is always sketchy when Whistler updates their F/W. If from a Whistler rep, it MIGHT happen. Best to follow the suggestion by asking directly, either way please report your findings? :)

racingfan360

I think we could safety assume the answer will be 'never'. It's not just firmware to think of: TETRA uses 25khz bandwidth channels. Not found the specs for the TRX but assume it uses front end [hardware] filters more narrow than this. TETRA will need an SDR-based receiver. In theory I could see Uniden adding TETRA to the SDS range at some point, but I thinks that's unlikely.

Ubbe

Front end filters are wide. The TRX has 405-660Mhz as the range for one of them. The IF filters are more narrow and TRX has two of them, one for NFM and one for FM which is 25KHz.

But as mentioned the demodulator needs to be of the same I/Q type that are used to handle simulcast and Whistler put that project on the shelf as they couldn't make that work, for technical or finance reasons or both.

/Ubbe

mciupa

Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.