SDR# TETRA UK …

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscottybotty

Users. In the UK, specifically West Midlands, has anyone got a working clear Tetra frequency they want to share?

Secondly, are Ambo’s and The Highways Agency clear and if so, where in the band might they be.
Looking forward to the replies, forum Police please note, I’m not interested in any negativity so, if your going to post negative comments, move on.
Thank you. 👍

gt86

The closest to you is probably Nottingham. Nottingham Trams use an unencrypted TETRA system, 440-442MHz for the downlinks (uplinks are -13.5Mhz). All of the Airwave users including Police, Ambo, Fir, HA etc are TEA encrypted: you can't get on the network without it. It's 390-395MHz.

fires999

Morning,
Same advice from me , Trams are unencrypted. To be honest I don't think there are many users with Tetra in the "Clear".
When the Blue light and associated community switched to Airwave I was part of a project team for the Fire Service portion...speaking with various technicians back then , they weren't aware of any users at that time in the clear...even my local large shopping centre changed their radio system around the same time, they chose Tetra and even the cleaners went encrypted !!!
Hopefully other forum users from the UK can help.
May I ask is there a specific reason ? new radio ? or are you designing a radio that covers the whole spectrum and at a touch of a button , decodes EVERYTHING ? !!!! LOL....One day maybe?.............
Good luck
fires999 (East of England)

noamlivne

How do you listen-in to (clear) TETRA? I know only about the SDR# plug-in. Any other way?

iscottybotty

Morning,
Same advice from me , Trams are unencrypted. To be honest I don't think there are many users with Tetra in the "Clear".
When the Blue light and associated community switched to Airwave I was part of a project team for the Fire Service portion...speaking with various technicians back then , they weren't aware of any users at that time in the clear...even my local large shopping centre changed their radio system around the same time, they chose Tetra and even the cleaners went encrypted !!!
Hopefully other forum users from the UK can help.
May I ask is there a specific reason ? new radio ? or are you designing a radio that covers the whole spectrum and at a touch of a button , decodes EVERYTHING ? !!!! LOL....One day maybe?.............
Good luck
fires999 (East of England)
No I’m just messing about with a Tetra plug-in and wondered if, just if there may be one clear frequency. As above, everything nearby is indeed encrypted, my local jail has recently changed over since losing the Private Contract and going back to the MOJ. They too are encrypted.
I just wondered about Ambos and Highways Agency and the likes. But Yh, certainly in the West Midlands, it’s dead.

iscottybotty

The closest to you is probably Nottingham. Nottingham Trams use an unencrypted TETRA system, 440-442MHz for the downlinks (uplinks are -13.5Mhz). All of the Airwave users including Police, Ambo, Fir, HA etc are TEA encrypted: you can't get on the network without it. It's 390-395MHz.
Appreciate the reply. Thank you. Your correct, sadly I can’t reach Nottingham. I can hear all the encrypted comms as one would expect but I just would like to hear a clear one as I haven’t before. Appreciate your advice.

quicho1961

Premium Subscriber
I listen to Tetra via SDR# and the Tetra Plug-in. It works perfectly, other than everything’s encrypted which I kind of expected. 👍
Does you setup for tetra follow the frequencies thru control channels shifs? If so can you share your setup? I can listen to tetra with dsdplus fast lane, but i can´t follow control channels shift
In advance many thanks
Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.