TetraNetMonitor UI Experimentation

thewraith2008

Testing a different UI approach for the new plug-in that TSSDR created.
Just posting to see what people think off it.

In the (wide) image below, you can see the changes added:
  • Highlighting for active call in the 'Calls' tab.
  • Highlighting for the set frequencies to monitor in SDR# spectrum view. (Same as AUXVFO)
  • Minimized SDR# side panel footprint. The default layout just takes up to much room and is difficult to see all of them when there are a few tuners added to SDR#.
  • Satellite tuner windows which replaces SDR# side panel. Also has larger timelsot indicators.
  • Added main carrier column (mCarrier) to 'Calls' tab. This helps show what main carrier a call on a carrier belongs too.
TjobpX0.png

TetraNetMonitor is in very early development and still has issues with decoding, i.e. lost PDUs and speech (stutter) as well as tuner selection, this can get quite fustrating at times as it can move away from your set frequencies. I have an idea about the last issue, it's just figuring out how to implement it.

thewraith2008

Here is when timeslots (2,3) are active.
  • Red = Timeslot active with the current playing.
  • Green = Timeslot active with call (not playing)

4uOQzHK.png

hamradionl

Thank you for your time and effort, this developing or new UI approach look promising.
And preventing the SDR# left penal be very "busy" with lots of extra plugin windows.
In this new UI approach, is it possisle the SDR# left panel be closed to get wide (only) spectrum view?

thewraith2008

Thank you for your time and effort, this developing or new UI approach look promising.
And preventing the SDR# left penal be very "busy" with lots of extra plugin windows.
In this new UI approach, is it possisle the SDR# left panel be closed to get wide (only) spectrum view?

Yes, you can use with or without satellite/remote windows and SDR# side panel been visible. You can just have the TetraNetMonitor program running to showing the call details and other info, which is probably the best approach as all this windows can be visual pollution.

thewraith2008

As stated:
TetraNetMonitor is in very early development
There is no download or documentation yet, I just wanted to show people where I was thinking of heading with the UI.
TSSDR may want to head this in a different direction.
Just experimenting at this stage.

tsapers

Understood and thanks for the clarification. I saw another thread which hamradionl posted as well and could also not see documentation which we have come to know you always supply :) Later saw the thread he posted was also about TSSDR's application. Looking forward. Thanks

hamradionl

Update:
Looks like the User Interface (UI) using the remote windows for each of the tuners is going to proceed in this direction.
I have created a Primer PDF trying to explain Tetra Net Monitor operation and setup options.

Iam able to test up to 8x RTL-SDR hardware (if needed 10x) and PC have 4x USB 3.0 bus and each use 4x USB 3.0 hub

hamradionl

thewraith2008
In past i did test plugin AUXVFO but not yet test this using TSSDR his tetra
Understand you writing netmonitor is "complicated quite frustrating" to setup and fallow or stay on a active call/voice?

thewraith2008

The recent changes I have made to Tetra Net Monitor have improved it's operation and look and feel.
It is still very raw to look at and compared to TTT it is feature poor, but it will get there one day. (way into the future:oops:)

Explaining how it works is complicated, once some concepts are understood it's quite simple.
I have written 4 possible set-up models to help people understand and setup Tetra Net Monitor.
Like most things SDR, reading IS required.

At it's simplest, Tetra Net Monitor requires:
  • SDR dongle (that works with SDR#) - More than one depending of set-up model used.
  • SDR# + Tetra Net Monitor Plug-in (this plug-in is repeatable up to 10 via magic line in 'Plugins.xml')
  • Tetra Net Monitor main program.
NOTE: Depending on set-up model used, the number of SDR# used can be more than 1.

I hope to have something soon for people to test out. No promises when.

thewraith2008

Here is release v1.0.0.1 of Tetra Network Monitor (TetraNetMon)

Concept and foundation code by TSSDR (Originally based on TETRA Demodulator)
Documentation by thewraith2008

Contributors:
- TSSDR
- thewraith2008

Currently due to time constraints, TSSDR has handed development to me (thewraith2008) for the foreseeable future.

This is still early development and is considered a Alpha release.
As such:
  • Is still rough around the edges.
  • Probably buggy.
  • Is feature poor.
  • Documentation does not cover all areas of features and usage.
  • You use it at you own risk.
I put this release out there so people can test and get an idea about what it can do and the direction it is heading.

Please read the supplied documentation.

Download

MD5 Hash: 72fd04c7f8e4f4e4e7c83122df75028b

thewraith2008

v1.0.0.1 - Hot fix 1

FIX: TetraNetMon crashes if you try and run with 'Call Control' disabled.
- Added KnownGroups element

FIX: Groups/Tuner tab - User could add rows, this caused crash.

Download - Hot-Fix

MD5 Hash: 27df1bff8d9c942e9dde89f27ef0ea1a

Last edited:

hamradionl

HOTFIX, Airspy
there seem conflict between TSSDR TetraDecoder + Wraith Netmonitor and using Airspy.
Clean install without TSSDR TetraDecoder, Airspy is working.

Last edited:

thewraith2008

In the documentation I wrote:
NOTE: 'TetraNetMon.exe' can be run from anywhere on HDD. (so long as it can write to HDD)
This is incorrect, 'TetraNetMon.exe' needs to be in the SDR# folder. Needs only to be in one of the SDR# folders used. TunerID:0 is best.