TetraNetMonitor UI Experimentation

thewraith2008

Good night!
I've been noticing something that happened in the early versions of "TTT"
In the Calls panel, GSSI and ISSI appear, but they do not have audio and are not in bold. It looks like it's not active. I noticed that when this occurs it has audio on TTT and on the radio.
It's not often that happens!
Thanks and waiting for new versions.

This thread is not part of TTT, it is Tetra Network Monitor (TNM if you will)
Download and use latest version of TNM.

Sounds like the call that appears in Call list is out of range of the setup you are using. Since you provided no details of it I can't help further.

Latest version (v1.0.0.6) can be found here: Download

hamradionl

This thread is not part of TTT, it is Tetra Network Monitor (TNM if you will)
Download and use latest version of TNM.
Sounds like the call that appears in Call list is out of range of the setup you are using. Since you provided no details of it I can't help further.

I have inform you, that some time TNM show a active voice call, but there is no voice .

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Is the "Save Call Event Log" feature implemented yet? I see calls come in and out on the "Calls" tab, and a Daily - 20190619 folder gets created, but nothing gets populated inside the folder.
Many Thanks

thewraith2008

Hello,

Is the "Save Call Event Log" feature implemented yet? I see calls come in and out on the "Calls" tab, and a Daily - 20190619 folder gets created, but nothing gets populated inside the folder.
Many Thanks
Yes, works for me here.
Is 'Call control' enabled? If this is disabled, then almost all features do not work.

hamradionl

What i still not understand about the functionality of TNM.
1x MCCH Mcarrier and this is controlling 6x SUBcarrriers = 4x slots = 24x voice slots in total.
When setup 2x Tuners like:
TUNER-1 is set ENABLED to MCCH but is missing a lot of voice traffic.
When i setup TUNER-1 MCCH + 6x extra Tuners,
what i expecting TNM to do is the MCCH controlling the 6x tuners to fallow the SUBcarriers.
But instead of fallowing voice calls on SUBcarriers
the whole "fallow voice" is stop working because TUNER-1 turn it self OFF after receive a D-Release.
I give it up.
when i start TSSDR decoder in total of 6x times and put every SDR# on a SUBcarrier frequency, i hear or fallow most of the voice calls coming true.

Last edited:
Using TNM 1.0.6, I can see unencrypted calls in the calls tabs. 1561670404661.png
I was expecting to see encrypted calls as well in there even if I'm unable to listen to them. When I'm doing an encrypted call on the monitored channel, nothing shows in the tab and I don't see related messages in the raw data. Is it because TNM can't see PDUs on the CCH?

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to dump the raw data to disk? It would be much appreciated to have this so we can analyze the developer's application impact on the network.

Cheers :)

thewraith2008

... I was expecting to see encrypted calls as well in there even if I'm unable to listen to them. When I'm doing an encrypted call on the monitored channel, nothing shows in the tab and I don't see related messages in the raw data. Is it because TNM can't see PDUs on the CCH?

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to dump the raw data to disk? It would be much appreciated to have this so we can analyze the developer's application impact on the network.

Cheers :)
When PDUs are encrypted, nothing about the contents of the PDU is visible except the address. And even that address is encrypted from the way I read the standards. The whole point of encryption is to conceal the identity of user, call control, voice and anything else from 3rd party monitoring.

This level of encrypted must be unique to TETRA because DSD+ can seem to show call control of other encrypted systems like DMR and P25.

So there is nothing to add to the call list in TNM because we have no information about call control to be able to populate the list.
Sending/Notifying of encrypted PDUs to the main program will only congest the link between plug-in and main program with traffic it doesn't need or use.

I am more focused on what I can hear rather than what I can't.

"dump the raw data to disk" maybe added sometime in the future, not high on the list of things to do at the moment.

thewraith2008

Where indeed
lSvDsfo.png

MarkRegul

Works perfectly
how can i record voice?

And there are plugins for test on DMR ?

pingirona

Great job again @thewraith2008
in your opinion, to use TNM with only 1 receiver with enough bandwidth to listen to at least 2 control channels and all VC between 390,000 mhz and 394,000 mhz. Airspy mini would be enough? thank you

thewraith2008

Great job again @thewraith2008
in your opinion, to use TNM with only 1 receiver with enough bandwidth to listen to at least 2 control channels and all VC between 390,000 mhz and 394,000 mhz. Airspy mini would be enough? thank you
I'm not sure about airspy specs, but if it covers 390-394 then yes.

You would setup TNM in master/slave mode and use one SDR# (with the Airspy) with 3 tuners defined.
Move the SDR# frequency spectrum so all MCCHs and used carriers are visible in the spectrum view.

Set Tuner 1 on a MCCH #1
Leave Tuner 2 free as it is a floating tuner that will move to any carrier it needs too.
Set Tuner 3 on a MCCH #2

It's worth noting that TNM v1.0.0.6 is not without issues. I hope to put a new version out soon to sort out the issues and add some things.

pingirona

Thank you @thewraith2008
since TNM has a high potential to listen to multiple control channels, is there a special receiver that you can recommend to use the full power of TNM?

thewraith2008

Thank you @thewraith2008
since TNM has a high potential to listen to multiple control channels, is there a special receiver that you can recommend to use the full power of TNM?
I only have RTL-SDR.com dongle.
I'm poor and can't afford any of the options people are using.
I was just talking to someone about the SDRplay RSP1a as I would like to test the wider bandwidth with TNM.
On their site it's USD109 + shipping, but locally (RS components) it's almost 3 times that at $291.

ronenp

---------------------------

Tetra plugin exception -System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'tetraVoiceDec': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.NativeMethods.tetra_decode_init()

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraDecoder..ctor(Control owner)

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraPanel..ctor(ISharpControl control, Int32 pluginNumber)
OK
This is the error i get when i turn on the SDRSHARP what is it ?

hassanila

Tetra plugin exception -System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'tetraVoiceDec': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.NativeMethods.tetra_decode_init()

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraDecoder..ctor(Control owner)

at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraPanel..ctor(ISharpControl control, Int32 pluginNumber)
OK
This is the error i get when i turn on the SDRSHARP what is it ?

This is the fix for your problem: #56

pingirona

Hello

after a while I get this error
Is it a known problem?

The arithmetic operation has caused an overflow.
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.CmceSdsProtocol.ParseTextMessage (IL offset: 0x257)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.CmceSdsProtocol.ParseSDS (IL offset: 0xd9)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.CmceProtocol.ParseCMCEPDU (IL offset: 0x1e1)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.MleLevel.Parse (IL offset: 0x3d)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.LlcLevel.Parse (IL offset: 0x127)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.MacLevel.ResourcePDU (IL offset: 0x27c)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.MacLevel.TmoParseMacPDU (IL offset: 0x94)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.TetraDecoder.Process (IL offset: 0x893)
at SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll.TetraPanel.DecodingThread (IL offset: 0x276)
at mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (IL offset: 0x14)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (IL offset: 0x79)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (IL offset: 0x0)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (IL offset: 0x2b)
at mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart (IL offset: 0x8)

Win10 home
intel i7 8th 16mb ram
tnm 1.06
sdrsharp 1700
rtl-sdr dongle

2010, 2013 and 2015 C + runtimes installed x86 + x64

Is it crazy to think that it is due to overheating of the dongle?