Texans over Tulsa (T-6 Texans that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignalSweeper

Over the weekend, I saw a group of old warbirds buzzing around downtown Tulsa on Saturday night around 17:30 and then again Sunday evening over Owasso. I didn't have a radio handy Saturday, but Sunday I ran into the house and set one of my portables to search the aviation band. I was fortunate enough to hear a pilot calling out a roll call for the "T-6 Flight" to check in. There were four T-6 Texans, a Yak, and I don't remember the others. I think six to eight total. I suspect that Saturday's and maybe even Sunday's flight was a familiarization flight for a patriotic flyby in honor of the Fourth of July. The frequency that they used Sunday Evening was 123.300 Mhz. If you plan on going to the fireworks display in Tulsa and plan to take your scanner, you might want to include this frequency. Please post any reception reports for confirmation.

mfolta1

i saw them monday evening,or sunday evening. i was at 91st and yale and saw them flying to the south in groups of 4, and i saw one all by itself trying to catch up...pretty cool planes..

OkRob

I know for sure that they were on the schedule to do a fly-over at the Kiefer shindig on Saturday night. It was the 100th anniversary of the Glenn oil field being discovered or whatever. Anyway, Kiefer has a big fireworks/BBQ dinner event every year and they did an appearance there, as well as Governor Henry, who was there for it as well.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.