Texas 155.565 NAC 300 User

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if Lampassas Co SO has gone digital and uses NAC 300? I hear CR 2200 mentioned and tracked that down to Lampassas County so I'm guessing here. I don't think this is Mineral Wells, Rockwall, or Cooke County, but I don't know for sure.

I'm also getting an unknown PS user (FD or EMS) using PL 107.2 that doesn't appear to be Longview or the other RR listed user with this tone.

There are quiet a few users on this frequency today which I can receive from Fort Worth and the only two I can confirm are Corsicana PD and the DMR user "City and Rural Rides Rural Transportation District Comanche County". Any additional help on additional users of this freq. would be appreciated...

Brian (COMMSCAN)

nd5y

It's not Mineral Wells because Palo Pinto doesn't have numbered county roads and unless they changed the NAC it was 162.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
It's not Mineral Wells because Palo Pinto doesn't have numbered county roads and unless they changed the NAC it was 162.
Yeah I didn't think it was Mineral Wells either. I couldn't remember what their NAC was but I can usually hear them with the outside antennas. This station that uses the NAC of 300 seems familiar to me but for the life of me I can't find any information on who it might be. And I didn't realize that about the roads in Palo Pinto County either. Interesting... Thanks for the reply Tom!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if Lampassas Co SO has gone digital and uses NAC 300? I hear CR 2200 mentioned and tracked that down to Lampassas County so I'm guessing here. I don't think this is Mineral Wells, Rockwall, or Cooke County, but I don't know for sure.

I'm also getting an unknown PS user (FD or EMS) using PL 107.2 that doesn't appear to be Longview or the other RR listed user with this tone.

There are quiet a few users on this frequency today which I can receive from Fort Worth and the only two I can confirm are Corsicana PD and the DMR user "City and Rural Rides Rural Transportation District Comanche County". Any additional help on additional users of this freq. would be appreciated...

Brian (COMMSCAN)
I see Cooke County (Gainesville area) is listed for 155.565, with a 107.2 PL. Listed for EMS.

I see Lampasas is authorized for digital on that frequency, but no idea if they changed from the analog usage listed in the database.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I see Cooke County (Gainesville area) is listed for 155.565, with a 107.2 PL. Listed for EMS.

I see Lampasas is authorized for digital on that frequency, but no idea if they changed from the analog usage listed in the database.

It did wind up being that the 107.2 PL tone was being used by Cooke County Fire / EMS. There were actually two different agencies using That PL tone and the other agency might have been in Oklahoma or possibly even Louisiana with the propagation we were having. They weren't as strong and I never did get to confirm who it could have been.

I set my radio to record the 155.565 frequency and I had to leave and take care of some stuff for a while. I haven't gone back to listen to the recorded audio yet but I will do it later today, Thursday, and see if I can pick up any more info.

There were so many different agencies coming through that I finally programmed the frequency in with the NAC of 300 and left it recording while I was gone. Hopefully when I check it it will confirm whether it's lampasas County or not. If there are enough addresses that turn up being in lampasas County or some other kind of identifier, then I think it's probably going to be them.

Thanks for the reply back and the info. You nailed it on the Cooke County use and I didn't even realize they still were using some VHF, non 800 MHz trunk radio frequencies. That's a good one to keep an ear on when these storms come through as long as I can pick them up at the time :) I'll also post a update if I am able to confirm anything else through the recorded audio. Thanks again for the help...

Brian (COMMSCAN)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It did wind up being that the 107.2 PL tone was being used by Cooke County Fire / EMS. There were actually two different agencies using That PL tone and the other agency might have been in Oklahoma or possibly even Louisiana with the propagation we were having. They weren't as strong and I never did get to confirm who it could have been.

I set my radio to record the 155.565 frequency and I had to leave and take care of some stuff for a while. I haven't gone back to listen to the recorded audio yet but I will do it later today, Thursday, and see if I can pick up any more info.

There were so many different agencies coming through that I finally programmed the frequency in with the NAC of 300 and left it recording while I was gone. Hopefully when I check it it will confirm whether it's lampasas County or not. If there are enough addresses that turn up being in lampasas County or some other kind of identifier, then I think it's probably going to be them.

Thanks for the reply back and the info. You nailed it on the Cooke County use and I didn't even realize they still were using some VHF, non 800 MHz trunk radio frequencies. That's a good one to keep an ear on when these storms come through as long as I can pick them up at the time :) I'll also post a update if I am able to confirm anything else through the recorded audio. Thanks again for the help...

Brian (COMMSCAN)
Brian,
Have you used this site?

You can find the various state and federal highways, as well as Farm to Market roads, and others, listed by number. Then, you can see which county (and city) it goes through. If you hear a specific highway intersection mentioned for an accident, fire, or whatever, you can then see where the two roads might cross, identifying the location.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Brian,
Have you used this site?

You can find the various state and federal highways, as well as Farm to Market roads, and others, listed by number. Then, you can see which county (and city) it goes through. If you hear a specific highway intersection mentioned for an accident, fire, or whatever, you can then see where the two roads might cross, identifying the location.
Thank you for this link! I had come across this site two or three years ago and it was very helpful for doing exactly what I was doing the the past few days When propagation was good and I was receiving these agencies from far off. I don't know how I lost the link along the way but I've been trying to find it again. I just opened it and made a shortcut to it as well as sent myself an email where I can file it away and use it later. Bookmarks are too many and seem to not do as good nowadays but I will bookmark it again also. This is a great site and it was surprising to me how helpful it was when I came across it doing a searches one day.

I sure do appreciate you posting this because it was getting a little frustrating wondering if I was ever going to find it again :)

Brian (COMMSCAN)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It's come in handy for me, especially when I'm visiting out in Stephens County. Nolan County S.O. uses the same dispatch frequency as Stephens, though the NACs are different. Much of the time, I hear both S.O.'s (I have them programmed separately.) My friend's location is on fairly high ground, so I often hear more than one agency per frequency if I have a scanner set to Search for NAC & CTCSS/DPL. So I try to catch highway information to see who is who.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
It's come in handy for me, especially when I'm visiting out in Stephens County. Nolan County S.O. uses the same dispatch frequency as Stephens, though the NACs are different. Much of the time, I hear both S.O.'s (I have them programmed separately.) My friend's location is on fairly high ground, so I often hear more than one agency per frequency if I have a scanner set to Search for NAC & CTCSS/DPL. So I try to catch highway information to see who is who.
When I first got into scanners about 1980, I started using the maps and atlases, and one atlas was really good and had almost like city maps that were pretty detailed, and I really started collecting maps for other cities so that I could do exactly the same thing. I had a lot of maps collected from Louisiana out to South and West Texas when I lived in Houston and the propagation was great in the 1980s. We didn't have internet back then but using Police Call, the maps, and the locations given, with a little patience of course, led to a blast and confirming all of the new users I was getting. nowadays I think we call that work because it's so easy for us with the internet most of the time :) I love to search and find new users when we have good DXing going on. Yesterday morning I was here in Refugio County, just north of corpus Christi, and their P25 dispatch channel.It was kind of funny because I had gone through there the last time probably around 1989 and I had confirmed their frequency in my database. All these years later, they're on a different frequency but when I went to enter it into the database I pulled up the old frequency. That brought back some memories haha. This county was the one I had gotten pulled over by in a rent car I had as I was headed south to corpus Christi. The DPS trooper pulled me over for speeding but then when he saw the scanners he was suspicious in the next thing you know there were six DPS cars and one unmarked car there. They were reading through my notebooks I had in my radio bag about the surveillances I've been listening to in Houston, where I was living for a good while, and I think pretty soon the officer that pulled me over just realized I love this stuff and I wasn't doing anything wrong. But after an hour and a half of searching the car, where they found two marijuana roaches under the seat but this was a rent car and they were not mine, he was really fascinated by my cheap little setup and it surprised him that people really enjoyed listening that weren't criminals. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget going through Refugio County. But the thing that was the icing on the cake was when the friend that went with me and I were leaving headed back to Houston about 1:00 a.m., one of the two men team troopers that had been out there earlier in the day pulled us over again.They came up to the window with a smile and just said can you pop the trunk just so we can take a look and let you be on your way. So I did and within 3 minutes they were done and let me go. It just had to make sure that I didn't wind up being a criminal after all haha.

I don't know how I got off on that last story but picking up Refugio County was really surprising yesterday morning. I think there are about 400 mi away as the crow flies and it may even be more than that?

I still have a lot of those notebook/log books that I used to keep as I was trying to confirm users back in the 1980s the old-fashioned manual way. And put the pertinent information in there like the highways and addresses or something that could be looked up in a map. It was a lot of fun doing all that research back then, when I had perfect vision also, and doing it today is still fun but it's a lot faster with resources like the one you posted :) I appreciate it. I'm going to quit rambling on here about my 30-year-old memories haha...

Brian

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One map book that I've used extensively (before having a cell phone with a GPS & mapping apps) was The Roads of Texas. That was handy because you saw all the county roads, plus other details, such as pipeline crossings, which could help specify exactly where you were. I still have an old copy of it tucked in the pocket on the back of my driver's seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.