Texas parks and wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpckty1

I've heard them doing registrations with Austin on their TxWarn TG, usually on weekends. I've seen the trucks with VHF antennae.
I have heard them on VHF direct. And, as stated earlier, I'm certain they use their cell phones. Probably because they have the
most dangerous job in law enforcement. Knowing that their contacts in the field are armed probably makes them much more
cautious, especially in these days of different forms of scanning.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
These new bad arse Game Wardens impress the Hell out of me. DPS may have advanced training, but they don't have the hunter/outdoors man knowledge of nature like these guys. I have forfeited the thought of lighting one up in the country for fear of someone jumping up out of what appeared to be a tree or bush. Lone Star Law and Homicide Hunter are two of my favorite shows on TV. They certainly don't tell all of their secrets. But, I know they use motion-activated trail cams tied to cell phones.

My favorite story about the Game Wardens occurred north of Big Spring, Texas heading north toward Lubbock. This buffoon was behind me riding my arse waiting for me to move over after passing a slower vehicle. Could he bind his anxiety long enough? No, Hell no. He had to ride my arse.

Here is what I love to do. I should "victory marks" on my car. If a turd rides me too hard and I am aware of LE radar in the area, I try to engineer the situation where they get a ticket as a function of their impatience. In fact, I love doing this. I don't have many "kill marks", but I have some great stories.

So, Mr. Redneck Oilfield worker was "Hell Bent for Leather"; however, he failed to notice the dark green pickup in front of me. I passed with care and moved over. However, this troglodyte floored it and soon discovered that State Police are almost everywhere. I gave a friendly honk as I passed him. He did not look happy. I believe he was ticketed. Ah, what a shame.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but I have a question. I am watching Lone Star Law season 3 episode 6, it looks like Warden Provaznik's radio has a bodycam/microphone setup. In several scenes with her she is talking on the radio and it looks like the mic also has a camera in it. Anyone got any info about that???

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I remember sometime ago while on my way to work in the morning, I would hear the game wardens doing their morning check in to their local office. The last few years I have not heard anything.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but I have a question. I am watching Lone Star Law season 3 episode 6, it looks like Warden Provaznik's radio has a bodycam/microphone setup. In several scenes with her she is talking on the radio and it looks like the mic also has a camera in it. Anyone got any info about that???

As I previously stated, I see a mixed bag of radio usage on Lone Star Law. I believe I observed one of the Galveston GW keying up their radio on Lone Star Law. I have heard the GW talking to county dispatch in some cases, blending in the system. I don't recall, but I think the GW from the Waco area keyed up on the HOTRRS system here.

From this point forward, I will identify TP&W GW using the number they use to identify themselves. The GW number I heard was in the 7500 range.

tkowalik

Banned
Heard game warden today on the Bexar/SA system. They don’t talk much but have the capability if needed. Usually they key up on the county system they are in. GW in Wilson Co used to be 5118. Long time ago.

tkowalik

Banned
Heard game warden today on the Bexar/SA system. They don’t talk much but have the capability if needed. Usually they key up on the county system they are in. GW in Wilson Co used to be 5118. Long time ago.
He actually hit his e-tone otherwise I’d have never even noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.