Texas Parks and Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

I was going to dump all the TPWD freqs into the 246. Are these worth using up any space? How often are they used?

CLTX11

Hmmm very interesting listening. I might just have to dump in the freq's.

From looking at the database they are using mainly 5 channels, even in the "new list"
I am think of just entering these 5 and that would be sufficient.

bpckty1

The PWLS doesn't use that many frequencies, so you should be OK loading them in your scanner. Note that the assignment list on the Texas Database page is long, but when you sort the frequencies used, the list is very short. And, don't forget the Game Wardens. You can hear some comms that are much more intersting than, "Cabin 5 has checked out".

;^>

bpckty1

"They use the STARNET system. Active at times."

I don't doubt that, but it depends on where you are. I'm sure that they are like the DPS and have use of the local sheriff department's frequencies.

I doubt that Starnet is active in Ft. Worth, and I can vouch that Starnet is not active at either Atlanta State Park, or along theSulphur River downstream from Wright Patman Lake.
Maybe elsewhere, since one never knows what Borgnet will assimilate.

And, I have heard the VHF frequencies active in Waller, Austin, and Fort Bend Counties.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
If you listen to the Grimes, Madison, Brazos, Walker, or Washington County Sheriff primary channels, you will hear the Game Wardens, 9100 units, active. Mainly running licenses or helping deputies responding to major incidents.

CLTX11

The only ones I was really interested in is the following: Amarillo and Lake Somerville when duck hunting. Lake Arrowhead, Ray Roberts, Devils River, Lake Whitney, All of the coastal areas, and Cleburne when fishing and Balmorhea when scuba diving.

I was looking at that, it only has about 5 or so freq's for the whole system. Ill just plug em in and see if they are worth it. Thanks for the response and info guys.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
You will find that they operate on local law enforcement frequencies more than their own repeaters, which are still DTMF. If nearly every person I made contact with carried a loaded gun, I would prefer to have radio interoperability with the other officers around me if things get hairy. Plus, in most rural counties, you can count on no more than 10 officers working at once, including deputies, constables, troopers, and small police departments. They won't be over-burdening the dispatch centers with traffic.

nd5y

CLTX11 said:
What do they identify themselves as when using local agencies?
Around here The game wardens just use their unit numbers just like everybody else does.
The state park rangers usually say "Parks and Wildlife" before their unit numbers.

225Texas

"I doubt that Starnet is active in Ft. Worth, and I can vouch that Starnet is not active at either Atlanta State Park, or along theSulphur River downstream from Wright Patman Lake."

I meant here in Harris,Waller, and other counties that have STARNET. Use some sense!

"I have heard the VHF frequencies active in Waller, Austin, and Fort Bend Counties."
Hog wash! I saw a Game Warden at F.M. 362 and Bussiness 290 using STARNET Talkgroup #48528. Running a 28 and a 27.

Last edited:

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
225Texas said:
"I doubt that Starnet is active in Ft. Worth, and I can vouch that Starnet is not active at either Atlanta State Park, or along theSulphur River downstream from Wright Patman Lake."

I meant here in Harris,Waller, and other counties that have STARNET. Use some sense!

"I have heard the VHF frequencies active in Waller, Austin, and Fort Bend Counties."
Hog wash! I saw a Game Warden at F.M. 362 and Bussiness 290 using STARNET Talkgroup #48528. Running a 28 and a 27.

I've heard the VHF repeater active in Waller County too.

bpckty1

"I meant here in Harris,Waller, and other counties that have STARNET. Use some sense!"

I realize that. The comment, meant to be funny, was a stab at BORGNET. Since the original
poster is from Ft. Worth, I figgered it would be appropriate, since BORGNET is gobbling all the
agencies in the greater Houston area, although it is losing several west Harris County fire and
ems agencies.

225Texas

I guess I'm swimming in hog wash! I'll have to listen to that Waller County repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.