Texas Park's & Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
nd5y,
My question was referring to the process that Max used to find where the repeaters were located. Notice that the newest updates are for the repeaters. Notice in the histor tab that these were submitted on 1/4/09. Max also posted his OP on 1/4/09. I was asking how he new the locationof these repeaters (or identified them) before 1/4/09. The link to the database page wouldn't answer that. Sorry if I was unclear.

SCPD

QRT
Listening. Listening to the Area's the TPW Officers were talking about. When they Mention 82xx 10-41 Lake Ray Roberts, I check the map seeing the county the lake is in and listen some more. Sometimes (Many times) I listen for Days making notes before ever even asking about it in the forums. When I have enough information based on the Frequency, the FCC GenMenu & Radio traffic I post. I have been listening to TP&W for a few weeks prior to Inquiring about them on the Forums or submitting them to the DB.

Boulder

Ok I have a little bit of info to pass along. Tonight I heard a Game Warden unit 8216 calling Houston for a prior handling/hunting ed check of a subject. First time I heard the traffic come through the unit was coming in on 192.8 PL and Houston said traffic was unreadable. Second time the unit came in on 97.4 PL. Houston asked him what tower he is on, and the Warden replied Tower 179 in Purley with the 97.4 tone being used. I have heard this PL being used a couple of times but until tonight this is the first time I have got a location (usually I just catch the tail end of the convo). Purley is just a few miles north of my location and this is the tower: FCC Callsign Information for KUN395 on RadioReference.com

I will keep listening over this way and see what else i can figure out.

Boulder

not much traffic since hunting season is pretty much over and very little traffic, but so far have been listening at the right times it seems like. Also thanks to rattler for making the last update for the purley tower.

another update submitted, the 192.8 PL tone I kept hearing was coming from a tower in the western parts of Cass County around the Marietta area. After hearing the units with the airplane one night a couple of months back then hearing a unit today checking en-route to the Bowie County jail confirmed that it is this tower: KDZ494

Also I found this info on the state website showing the regions and counties for Game Wardens in the state:
Texas Game Warden regions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.