TexWARN help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconsole

I have a Radioshack Pro 106 and Winn500 software. Yesterday, the TXWARN site in League City changed, I am guessing rebanding. I am a novice user so I need help in recovering my scanning capability. I have gone through and verified that my system frequencies are correct and changed the trunking table to "rebanded 800 mhz. When there is traffic on the system my scanner will break squelch and all I get is static, no voice. Did they also go encrypted or am I missing something else that I need to change to be a happy old man listening to my scanner.

HELP!!!!!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a Radioshack Pro 106 and Winn500 software. Yesterday, the TXWARN site in League City changed, I am guessing rebanding. I am a novice user so I need help in recovering my scanning capability. I have gone through and verified that my system frequencies are correct and changed the trunking table to "rebanded 800 mhz. When there is traffic on the system my scanner will break squelch and all I get is static, no voice. Did they also go encrypted or am I missing something else that I need to change to be a happy old man listening to my scanner.

HELP!!!!!
In Win500, make sure that you edit the TSYS object completely.
First, select 'Trunking Tables' which brings up the tables menu screen.
Then, select "800MHz Rebanded", which fills in the values.
Select "OK"
Now, here's the step that gets overlooked at times: Right under the button for "Feet map" is a drop-down menu for Trunking Tables. Select "Custom" there and re-send your programming to the scanner. (If that does not say "Custom", the scanner will not use the reband tables.)

See if that helps.

sconsole

Thank you so very much!!!

I had missed the custom setting, I now am scanning happy again...........Thanks again!!!!!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I had missed the custom setting, I now am scanning happy again...........Thanks again!!!!!
Glad it worked. That messed up a few people in this area when Garland rebanded. They didn't tell Win500 to use the custom table they just enabled.

sconsole

Thanks again, it feels good to know that in todays world of home invasions and drug cartels that there are still people out there that are willing to help or teach a complete stranger.
Merry Christmas,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.