TFS & TPW common frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

I was looking at the frequencies for Parks & Wildlife & noticed that they were licensened for 159.450 & this is TAC 4 for the Forest Service, so is this a frequency that is used talk to each other ? This got me to thinking & looked up the mobile license for parks & wildlife KB31876 ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KB31876 - TEXAS, STATE OF - Frequencies Summary on the FCC website & 151.310 was also listed for P&W & this is TAC5 for the TFS....
On another note that may stir up some contraversy but it is in good intentions. I used to voulenteer at a small state park here in Lubbock in the early 90s & I wrote some notes from the radio use book that was in a pickup.I wrote down from the book:
LAW ENFORCEMENT
-- F1-CONTROL
-- F2-BASE
--COG-BASE
WILDLIFE
-- WILDLIFE FREQ
--LE F1 CONTROL
--LE F2
-- PARKS
Judging from this information wildlife was a division within itself in 1990s,with the parks being a part of it, so there must be a channel designated as WILDLIFE FREQ.BTW,I have no idea what COG is.

Last edited:

nd5y

TFS and TPWD are both licensed on 151.190, 151.310 and 159.450.

TPWD has several repeaters licensed around the state on 151.295 with 159.450 as the input.
I never heard enough traffic to figure out what they are used for.

Once I saw 151.310 listed as a wildlife management frequency (ch 7), but I don't know if it was a reliable source. I have heard what sounded like game wardens using it a few times.

I have never heard anything on 151.190.

COG is probably Council of Governments. There is probably a frequency or repeater sponsored by the local COG for use by multiple agencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.