Tg 1396 i-event 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice TG 1396 I-EVENT 32 seemed to be encrypted today. Did anybody else notice that? I understand they have the ability to do that. I was just curious.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
As I recall the I-EVENT channels are encrypted by default because they are for LE only.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I notice TG 1396 I-EVENT 32 seemed to be encrypted today. Did anybody else notice that? I understand they have the ability to do that. I was just curious.

I have heard both encrypted and non encrypted coms on the I-Events including during surveillance details. If I had to guess I would say it depends on the users.

I forgot which one off the top of my head, but MSP Royal Oak Twp cars use one of the I-Events as a dispatch talkgroup usually starting around 11AM and it's all in the clear.

Paul

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
I have heard both encrypted and non encrypted coms on the I-Events including during surveillance details. If I had to guess I would say it depends on the users.

Paul

I agree. I don't hear a lot of traffic on the I-Event channels, but when I do it is usually the Coast Guard on I-Event 32 (I believe). Hearing it from the Port Huron area during the boating season, it sounds like they use it as a LEIN TG doing checks on boaters on the St. Clair River and Lake Huron. All coms have been in the clear so far.

313RADIO

this sounds stupid but arent all the talkgroups in the 3 statewide event zones GH&I for "Law Enforcement" officers? What exzatlt does LE designate? just curious

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I is for LE only. G & H are for anyone. As I recall originally there was no I group, it was added on just a few years ago.

313RADIO

I guess what i was wondering what specifically is LE (law enformcent) mean in this context?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm reading more into that question than I should ;)

Law enforcement means those who are upholding the laws of the state / country. So no fire, no EMS, no emergency management.

313RADIO

Gotcha.. i only ever heard msp on g event. Don't listen to often.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.