?TG: 21644 - Site 3 - UCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

I think I finally found VECC Fire 6. TG: 21644 has been active tonight and I heard one of the West Valley Engines responding on a medical issue at the Usana Amphitheater. When they wen enroute they said they "were enroute on 6"

Usana Amphitheater is hosting the Motley Crue concert tonight. I have heard several medical references and comments about First aid.

So I am thinking

TG: 21644 = VECC EMS 6

qlajlu

Silent Key
Are You Sure?

Hey guys,

I think I finally found VECC Fire 6. TG: 21644 has been active tonight and I heard one of the West Valley Engines responding on a medical issue at the Usana Amphitheater. When they wen enroute they said they "were enroute on 6"

Usana Amphitheater is hosting the Motley Crue concert tonight. I have heard several medical references and comments about First aid.

So I am thinking

TG: 21644 = VECC EMS 6

I already had that in my scanner, not sure where I got it from. thought it was in the DB. And yes, many calls up to Usana tonight
Are you guys sure it is TG 21644? The Db lists TG 21664 as EMS 6 and that is what I have programmed into my scanner, although I cannot tell you if or when I have copied any traffic on it.

Utah_Viper

Are you guys sure it is TG 21644? The Db lists TG 21664 as EMS 6 and that is what I have programmed into my scanner, although I cannot tell you if or when I have copied any traffic on it.

Yes, its in the DB as EMS 6, but it is a VECC Fire Channel that does the dispatch. In my scanner I have always just called it VECC FD 6. The next in line for VECC Fire is Tac 7, 8... etc. They are al numbered in oreder up to VECC Fire 11 which is used for staging. Hope that all kinda makes since.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Yes, its in the DB as EMS 6, but it is a VECC Fire Channel that does the dispatch. In my scanner I have always just called it VECC FD 6. The next in line for VECC Fire is Tac 7, 8... etc. They are al numbered in oreder up to VECC Fire 11 which is used for staging. Hope that all kinda makes since.
No, it does not make sense! What is the difference between VECC Fire and VECC EMS? They are one and the same! The Db lists TG 21664 as VECC EMS 6.

In the Db:
21664 54a A VECC EMS 6 Salt Lake Valley Emergency Communications Center EMS/Fire Multi-dispatch
The data for that entry had to have come from one of us. So which is it?

LGLHOOK

I have it as VECC Response 6, such as VECC response 2, 3 or 4 etc. I have only heard traffic on it in major events. Don't know where I got this from either but that is what I have it as.

bchris

fixed typo?

While perusing this particular thread, it seemed likely to me that the original TG was entered with a typo. Oh well, that happens. All fixed now...wait a minute....

Recalling that all the valid TG's that I know of are a multiple of 16, I thought I would do a quick verify just to make sure. As it turns out 21664/16==1354, but 21644/16==1352.75. :confused: Oops. I hope my /16 theory isn't crumbling.

If my theory and my math are correct (I know, thats a big if), this would have to be TG 21632+12 (w/ the 'DES Emergency Patch' bit set --thanks Ranger2004).

You'd think I could just leave it alone, but NOOO! I had to add more fuel to an otherwise dying ember. Sorry Guys.

qlajlu

Silent Key
While perusing this particular thread, it seemed likely to me that the original TG was entered with a typo. Oh well, that happens. All fixed now...wait a minute....

Recalling that all the valid TG's that I know of are a multiple of 16, I thought I would do a quick verify just to make sure. As it turns out 21664/16==1354, but 21644/16==1352.75. :confused: Oops. I hope my /16 theory isn't crumbling.

If my theory and my math are correct (I know, thats a big if), this would have to be TG 21632+12 (w/ the 'DES Emergency Patch' bit set --thanks Ranger2004).

You'd think I could just leave it alone, but NOOO! I had to add more fuel to an otherwise dying ember. Sorry Guys.
No, no, bchris, this is a good catch. The problem here is going to be listening when they send fire units to channel 6 again so the status bit can be verified...although I'm not sure how to do that with my present scanner. We need someone who is friendly with UFA who can key up one of their radios while running his scanner. Now who have we got on our team willing to volunteer for a sneak attack? :cool:

qlajlu

Silent Key
This is a bad addition to the Db. TG 21644 is not a clear TG, it has a Status-Bit present. This is TG 21632 with a Status-Bit of 12 according to the math, which does not make sense either because a Status-Bit of 12 makes it DES EMERGENCY PATCH!

Last edited:

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Okay, so TG 21644 is not a "valid" talkgroup. Or did bneilson do a typo when he first started this thread? Or is TG 21632 EMS 6? Inquiring minds waht to know.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Alright so I am back now and can log my comments...

I do not believe it was a fat finger and that the TG that I was hearing on my scanner was 21644.

As Utah_Viper said he already had this one programed in. The only potential is that it is 21664 and not 21644. We will have to wait until another busy day and see what they end up using.

The logic is good regarding it being a status bit group as it is not divisible by 8 so that leads me to believe it is a fat finger.

We will just have to wait and see. I think we should put this back as 21664 for now until we can confirm

Utah_Viper

Looking at my Win97 file it is 21664 that I have programed into the scanner. I heard the traffic on this channel before, and heard it referred to as channel 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.