?TG: 29568 - Site 5 - UCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Last night two USU PD RID's (5760 & 5778) popped up on this talkgroup which is in the sequence of Cache Valley TG's.
One apologized for taking a while "to find this channel" then they discussed checking the new AG building (it just opened).
Their, uh, "informality" suggested to me that this was a TG not monitored by their dispatch. I would propose calling it "USU PD Car To Car."

W

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Sounds like a reasonable proposal. I'll add it. -Tim

Last night two USU PD RID's (5760 & 5778) popped up on this talkgroup which is in the sequence of Cache Valley TG's.
One apologized for taking a while "to find this channel" then they discussed checking the new AG building (it just opened).
Their, uh, "informality" suggested to me that this was a TG not monitored by their dispatch. I would propose calling it "USU PD Car To Car."

W

N7YUO

OK, this is confusing. The RR database shows USU has it's own trunked system.
But the database also shows USU PD Disp on UCAN.
(and now USU PD Car as well)
Are they on both systems simultaneously?

Here is an old post from Junior:
Back then, USU had four TGRP's.

I just returned from Logan this afternoon from the Cruise-In. With all the car
show stuff I was still able to get some monitoring in as well. I made some
progress on the Ut.St.University Motorola Type II that gets more active each
year there. With the fireworks program at Romney Stadium on the 3rd and the Main
St.Cruise yesterday evening I fished out much info on both bands. It's not much
but here goes:

Utah State University 800
(snip)
TALKGROUPS
57856-USU Police Dispatch 1
57872-USU Police Dispatch 2
58880-USU/Cache Co.Interagency 1
58896-USU/Cache Co.Interagency 2 (Both of these very active during fireworks and
Cruise-In)
Sun Jul 6, 2003 junior

Notes:
The RR DB for USU shows
58880 USU Security
58896 is not listed.
Just my 2 bits worth.

Junior1970

USU still, to my knowledge, still has a Moto Type II Trunked system. USU PD is on UCAN now. Not sure if they are simulcasting of not. I just returned from Idaho tonight and did here USU PD traffic on both Cache Simo and Logan Peak sites. However not this new TG but the dispatch one.

A simular circumstance with BYU PD here in Utah County. They use the UCAN TG for dispatch and their car to car UCAN one as well. However at 2000 hours (or there abouts) they ask their officers to switch to "'Y Patrol." That TG is not simucast over UCAN but the dispatch one for BYU is. Not sure why they do that but they do and I cannot pick up the BYU system from my location as there is a big mountain between me and the lake blocking my reception :)

Most of the traffic on the USU system from when I monitored it nearly nine years ago was custodians, grounds staff and other departments within the university.....just like the last time I monitored the BYU system.....

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Yup, USU maintains its own Moto system, as shown in the database.

However when UCAN came thru they "dual zoned???" their radios to work on both systems and all the PD folk are on UCAN. This is helpful as they can use LAW1 and LAW2 and the interop type channels to talk to Logan PD and Cache SO, and when they do so they use the "14A##" call signs. USU's PD can write local speeding tickets, etc.

USU's system is used mostly for maintenance, parking and crowd control (football) type things. The USU PD can talk on the USU system thru the above mentioned feature with both systems in their radios, but mostly hang out on UCAN.

W

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Just for Reference,

I looked at my trunker for both Weber Simulcast and the other for Mount Ogden (which run 24-7) and none of the tgid's discusses in this thread so far show up on the "West" side of the mountain .....FWIW....

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.