Tg 29776

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Whats up with TG 29776 this weekend. Some sort of training exercise and man they are getting testy to say the least. :D

LarrySC

The 2012 Upstate Scanner Frequency Directory list 29776 as SC Mutual Aid-8 which is active in this area. It can be used by any law enforcement agency as a TAC channel. If you dont have all 10 of the Mutual Aid Talk Groups in you Palmetto 800 program you could miss some action.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Hey Larry,

I was using the ID Search function on my 996T. I did pick up several other TGs that weren't common, but they were P25.

Haven't heard them at all today, so I guess the exercise is over for now.

Barry

ETA: The TG came alive again at 7:45 pm. Operator said that they would be there (where ever there is) tomorrow.

Last edited:

LarrySC

Most of all the Mut Aid ID's have been verified here in the upstate. Page 5 shows that SLED has used ID-7 here in Greenville. Page 4 shows the 5 SC8TAC channels to have 2 PL tones, 1 DPL, and a P25 NAC mode. Keeps a person busy just reprogramming. You really should have this set up already. You miss a lot if you just search once in a while. Good Luck.

Last edited:

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I have banks set up in my Uniden corresponding with each trunking system I can receive. One bank is Pal 800/P25, the Johnston tower, one bank is Aiken Pal800/P25 which also receives NAPD P25. Its 15 miles away, but I get four bars (most of the time) and one bank is the Trenton tower 900MHz PSA. Known TGs are programmed in each bank. Adjacent to each bank, I copied the previous bank and programmed it for ID search on each of the three different trunk systems. I don't believe I have missed much if the signal is retransmitted by the local towers. I do envy your location, however. There's probably a lot more going on up there. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.