TG 310 on Brandmeister Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I am a new ham, and just got my dmr hot spot up and going. I was listening to a QSO about tac 310 and its usage. You comment explained it very well and now I understand. I wish things were explained in plane understandable words like this on other web sites so that new hams like me dont make other operators angry or use the system incorrectly by accident. Thanks for the post.
You are most very welcome! Please enjoy and pass your new knowledge on. That is how we can all learn together! :cool:

KC0FZZ

How long before this happens on TG 91?

It's amazing how long people will tie up the talk group with a combination of "DMR DXing" combined with "DMR Ragchewing".

For some reason my hotspot wouldn't drop the group last night and it was tied up on that group for at least 8 hours last night.

Brandmeister seems to have trouble dropping the group on the BM Dashboard despite repeated attempts to drop it.

Any ideas, other than avoiding the TG like the Bubonic Plague?

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
For some reason my hotspot wouldn't drop the group last night and it was tied up on that group for at least 8 hours last night.

If your hotspot uses PiStar, did you try logging into the hotspot and killing that TG? Usually if that TG is 'PTT' you can kill it from the Admin window.

bill4long

If your hotspot uses PiStar, did you try logging into the hotspot and killing that TG? Usually if that TG is 'PTT' you can kill it from the Admin window.

For TGIF network, go to "Admin" page, put another TG in the "Talkgroup Number", select "Link", then click "Modify Reflector", and that will switch to a different TG. Or just "UnLink" to simply disconnect from the current TG. I haven't tried this with BM.

EDIT: I just tried with BM and it doesn't exist. Another good reason to use TGIF.

1605743745270.png

Attachments

• 1605743713504.png
    1605743713504.png
    4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

W9NAI

My question is I have 2 sons and daughter I live in Illinois, first son in Florida second son in military in Iraq, my daughter is in the Sweden. We all like to chat with each other at the same time where do we go or what TG can we use?

bill4long

My question is I have 2 sons and daughter I live in Illinois, first son in Florida second son in military in Iraq, my daughter is in the Sweden. We all like to chat with each other at the same time where do we go or what TG can we use?

315, 316, 317, 318, 319 would be good choices.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That is assuming all of you are licensed of course. Is your daughter licensed in Sweden, or using a reciprocal agreement with the FCC?

Hit_Factor

Illinois statewide has very little traffic. I don't recall the last time I heard someone on Midwest.

The rules are pretty much the same. Is this frequency in use? No, good, go for it.

Hit_Factor

How long before this happens on TG 91?

It's amazing how long people will tie up the talk group with a combination of "DMR DXing" combined with "DMR Ragchewing".

Brandmeister seems to have trouble dropping the group on the BM Dashboard despite repeated attempts to drop it.

Any ideas, other than avoiding the TG like the Bubonic Plague?
Did you try the disconnect command? A call to 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.