?tg: 3584 - Ac33

Status
Not open for further replies.

intermodiid

I copied a bunch of traffic on TG - 3584.

Two guys were talking about a special assignment they were working, providing transport for a couple of injured firefighters to the funeral of their coworker.

One of the men said "just stay on this channel, Southwest 1, so we can coordinate today"

So, I would count:

TG: 3584 - Southwest 1

Can anyone else confirm or disagree?

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey Intermodiid welcome to our group!

This TG was brought up previously here

Nothing was determined but old lists showed it as 'Salt Lake EMS 1'

As SLC contracts with Southwest, listing this as Southwest 1 is good in my book.

Hey going forward, please search the forum when a new TG is found to make sure it isn't already being tracked in another thread. It just helps up keep this very confusing world somewhat straight.

Thanks for your help!

intermodiid

I used the search box at the top, and not the one that says "search this forum", so that is why I didn't find the previous posting. Sorry about that.

I am glad to get involved. Its been a while since I was an "active scanner".

kf7yn

Well there's another one that didn't get posted, things do slip through the cracks espeically with me since I am gone half the year.

3584 can be confirmed at SW Ambulance 1, a friend of mine mapped it on a SLC Fire radio. While you're at it, you can add 3616 which is SW Ambulance 2.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Hey Intermodiid welcome to our group!

Yes, Intermodiid, Welcome​
To the Utah Forum of RR.com!​

This TG was brought up previously here

Nothing was determined but old lists showed it as 'Salt Lake EMS 1'

As SLC contracts with Southwest, listing this as Southwest 1 is good in my book.
My Dusty List of Old TGs also shows it as Salt Lake City EMS 1.
Well there's another one that didn't get posted, things do slip through the cracks espeically with me since I am gone half the year.

3584 can be confirmed at SW Ambulance 1, a friend of mine mapped it on a SLC Fire radio. While you're at it, you can add 3616 which is SW Ambulance 2.
My Dusty List of Old TGs also lists TGID 3616 as Salt Lake City EMS 2. I'm wondering, though, that if we decide to call these SW Ambulance 1 and SW Ambulance 2, doesn't that imply that these TGs are actually c2c TGs? Do we know if SL Fire Dispatch has access to these TGs? If so, I would say that c2c is not a proper moniker for these TGs, and if other fire apparatus has access, then they are not just SW Ambulance TGs and calling either TG that way would not be proper naming.

In the conversation that Intermodiid overheard, Southwest 1 would have been Southwest's ambulance #1, not the channel designation. The fact that the #1 also was found in the Old Lists as part of the original designation was simply coincidental.

I would also caution against naming the TGs with the Southwest Ambulance name since that ambulance company is under contract and that contract could be changed at any time which would have a new ambulance service using those TGs. A more generic name, such as SLC FD Amb Svc, would be better, and only then if we determine those TGs are dedicated c2c TGs. Just my opinion.

kf7yn, if you follow the link provided by bneilson, those TGs were discussed previously. gldavis said he was going to sit on TG 3584 for a better identification, but nothing ever came up. Apparently it is not a TG used very often. I guess you could say it fell through the cracks, but there was a previous attempt to evaluate it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Thanks intermodiid for presenting this to the group, and for all the comments. I added 3584 and 3616 as Ambulance 1 and 2. Is that generic enough?

-Tim

qlajlu

Silent Key
Thanks intermodiid for presenting this to the group, and for all the comments. I added 3584 and 3616 as Ambulance 1 and 2. Is that generic enough?

-Tim
I would suggest using SLC FD Amb 1 & 2 so as not to confuse them with Gold Cross Ambulance.

Junior1970

I second the nod for these two TGs to be added as SW Ambulance 1 and 2 respectively since that what was mapped in the SLC Fire Radio.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Okay, I changed it to Southwest Ambulence. It's easy enough to change if there's a new contract, and this matches the name used on-the-air.

-Tim

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Looking at the Database, I noticed TG3616 is listed twice:

3616-SLC Fire
3616-Southwest Ambulance 2

Is Southwest still servicing SLC?
Leave both listings in the database, or remove the first one (SLC Fire)?

qlajlu

Silent Key
Looking at the Database, I noticed TG3616 is listed twice:

3616-SLC Fire
3616-Southwest Ambulance 2

Is Southwest still servicing SLC?
Leave both listings in the database, or remove the first one (SLC Fire)?

Yep! Southwest is still servicing SLC. I think their contract is close to being expired and I read somewhere that they were going to request authority to do transfers before renewing the contract. Right now Gold Cross does all patient transfers, like from hospital to hospital, nursing home to hospital, etc. Apparently that is where the money is and SW Ambulance says it is losing money under the current arrangements.

I would say that 3613 - SLC Fire should be deleted from the Database since everyone more or less agreed it should be Southwest Ambulance 2 early on in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.