TG 4128, UCAN Site 03 (SL Co.), CC 868.1125

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Some time ago we had quite a discussion in this forum about TG 4128. Right now I am hearing the UCAN Radio Engineers talking on this TG discussing a problem with one of the sites. Very strange.

So, if the UCAN Engineers are using this TG, does that mean that this TG is a free-floating TG that anyone can use? We have it labeled in the Db as "SL Dist. Attorney." We all discussed it at length and decided that is what the label should be.

Now what?

bchris

I wasnt here when you discussed it before, but my feeling is that the UCAN guys probably have the ability to use any TG they want at any time. Whether they SHOULD or not I guess is between them and their 'customers'. I probably wouldnt change anything based on UCAN Eng traffic unless it happens on a regular basis for an extended length of time. What do YOU think?

qlajlu

Silent Key
Oh, I was not suggesting that we change the Db using just this as the catalyst to do so. Maybe I was just a little less than clear, but it is very unusual for the engineers to use a TG that is assigned since they do have their very own TG, and none of the conversations they were having back and forth indicated that they were having trouble with this particular TG either. Yes, I would think they have a skeleton key to abscond with ANY TG their little hearts desire. I only mentioned this, today, because it is...er...well,...unusual.

I think it would be wise to keep a watchful eye on this TG for a short time, especially you guys running trunker programs, to see if you log a substantial change in the usage of this TG.

gadgetmikey

After they finished rebanding Cal Mountain and they started to do the channel tests. The tech said to go to 102 (showing up on this 4128) to do the testing. They then ran all there radio tests using this talkgroup before he said he was going back to 100 (being the 4096).

It sure sounded to me as though this is there secondary channel.

They also ran some digital tests using talkgroup 64000 (they called this astro 1). It was digital but not encoded.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
After they finished rebanding Cal Mountain and they started to do the channel tests. The tech said to go to 102 (showing up on this 4128) to do the testing. They then ran all there radio tests using this talkgroup before he said he was going back to 100 (being the 4096).

It sure sounded to me as though this is there secondary channel.

They also ran some digital tests using talkgroup 64000 (they called this astro 1). It was digital but not encoded.

Same as for Ford Ridge except for the channel #'s. TG's they used are the same. Including 4128, 4096, and 64000(P25).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.