Tg 49600

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf7yn

TG 49632 (not 49600, sorry for the typo) came up today with UHP Richfield dispatch and several UHP cars calling Richfield. So do we call it UHP Richfield or UHP Central Utah?

Last edited:

bchris

I would call it central, for now.

I think I would concur. From what I have heard on conventional freqs, Richfield dispatch covers I-70 from Cove Fort on the West (mile marker zero!) through at least Salina Canyon on the East, and Juab/Sanpete Counties on the North, and I don't know how far South, but obviously past Richfield. Calling in to "Richfield Dispatch" would only narrow them down to 6-8 counties, and indeed all of them in "Central Utah".

Great find, Jon! I'm glad to see them taking the next step by getting their own talkgroup. I dont think very many of the officers in rural areas are sold on 800Mhz yet, and perhaps rightfully so from their perspective.

-bc

Last edited:

Junior1970

Richfield area dispatch covers the area that bchris stated. The answer to my curiousity will come later I'm sure as....

155.595 covers the Sevier valley and the I-70 corridor (possibly the patched VHF freq to the new TG)

However...

Juab County, also dispatched out of Richfield, uses 151.220 off Levan Peak.

Question is: Will the Juab VHF freq be patched to the new UHP Richfield TG along with the parent channel??

Only time will tell...............

Status
Not open for further replies.