Tg 51440

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfolta1

hearing law enforcement traffic on 51440, units have a courtesy tone on radios as well.
heard them run 28 info and other units in route. units are saying "headquarters" when they key up to dispatch. not sure but thought i heard someone say georgia. and 2400 block northeastern??

peterjmag

I guess you missed out Mark, that is Moore PD simaulcast with their 154.71 main dispatch freq. Enjoy...

P.J.

woodyrr

When has this been going on? I search the DPS OKC site constantly and have yet to hear it. I have programmed that TGID in with an alpha tag and at 5:45 AM Monday, what little traffic on Moore PD channel 1 is not being translated to the DPS system - at least, not on my radio. :confused:

freqscout

I bet there are some affiliations going on in Tulsa because of radio programming.

Tulsa is a programming hub for many of the agencies using DPS. We were told that if we purchase radios we have to send them to Tulsa or take your chances with DPS since they are understaffed and very backed up with the state stuff.

Moore's dispatch is probably affiliated into the Norman site, which would be why we don't hear them in OKC. Anyone on the south end of OKC that can listen to see if they are affiliated onto the Norman site?

woodyrr

OUSoonerfan3 said:
I am hearing them on the Norman site.
If you're by the radio at about 07:30 you might try to catch Moore FD. I think that they do their radio checks at that time.

The trunked system is not catching the beginning of the transmissions which, I'm guessing, is a result of the Moore VHF users not being able to ascertain when they have received a channel grant from the DPS system. As i was typing this, the dispatcher asked someone to "go to 2" and there was no corresponding traffic on the trunked system so a link to channel 2 has not been established.

If I remember fast2's original post on this, the Moore site was to have the same frequencies as the OKC site so I would expect Moore traffic to show up on the Moore/OKC site eventually.

woodyrr

fireant said:
Which site were they on woodyrr ?

fireant

It was on the Norman site this morning during the radio checks. Until I upgrade my coax or antenna or both, reception of the Norman site is quite variable at my house, but they were there, buried in the noise.

woodyrr

peterjmag said:
Great job Woody! Another Moore talkgroup to be added to the state system!

Thanks, although all of you guys did all of the ground work.

I have not submitted it and don't plan to until I have heard some more traffic. I'm not confident that my reception is good enough to prevent "ghost" TGIDs if such are even possible.

***UPDATE***

At 19:10 Moore FD Dispatched a fire alarm and it was not transmitted on the trunked system.

I'll listen to the radio test tomorrow and see if they're there again.

Last edited:

woodyrr

With 51440 locked out, I am getting Moore PD 1 on 52560 and 51568 along with a bunch of other apparently spurious IDs. As I suspected, reception here is so marginal, that I cannot trust the TGIDs displayed on my scanner. I hope that I didn't imagine the Moore FD on the DPS system this morning, but I distinctly remember the lousy audio. :mad:

woodyrr

Mea culpa

I took my portable outside this morning during the Moore FD radio test, where I could get a good lock on the Norman site. I can say with complete assurance, that the test was not present on the Norman site of the DPS system.

I am left with egg on my face with nothing left to conclude but that I apparently saw what I expected to see rather than what was there.

I apologize for the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.