TG 617 on ORION

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon, everyone! What a BEAUTIFUL day in Eastern Nebraska!

I have a question about ORION TalkGroup 617. In the DB for ORION, 617 is listed as being "LE Event #1".

Today, around the 1330 timeframe, I listened to at least five (5) OPD Officers being dispatched to a location on North 52nd, in response to a "Mr. Bo Duke" wanting assult report taken.

Considerig this was an Event TG, was what I listened to some sort of special operation? Is "Mr. Bo Duke" a codeword for something?

73's

omahascanner

Bo Duke

Sometimes, OPD will use that talkgroup, or other similarly vague ones, for their training exercises. If you listened for a while, you probably would have heard the exact same call dispatched twelve or thirteen times.

Some of the names get creative...

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
omahascanner said:
Sometimes, OPD will use that talkgroup, or other similarly vague ones, for their training exercises. If you listened for a while, you probably would have heard the exact same call dispatched twelve or thirteen times.

Some of the names get creative...

Howdy, OmahaScanner!

Yes - during my listening session, I heard the EXACT same call given out six (6) times, which matches what you're talking about!

73's

topnik

Good question...

realgeo said:
Good afternoon, everyone! What a BEAUTIFUL day in Eastern Nebraska!

I have a question about ORION TalkGroup 617. In the DB for ORION, 617 is listed as being "LE Event #1".

Today, around the 1330 timeframe, I listened to at least five (5) OPD Officers being dispatched to a location on North 52nd, in response to a "Mr. Bo Duke" wanting assult report taken.

Considerig this was an Event TG, was what I listened to some sort of special operation? Is "Mr. Bo Duke" a codeword for something?

73's

...Now I'm wondering if 611-620 are either Training TGs, "event" TGs, or multi use TGs...I see 615 and 616 being used right now (I'm listening to Sarpy and a fire at the Dump or thereabouts right now but watching ORION with UniTrunker)...The Orion system seems to be fairly orderly with their TGs, look at the fire tgs, the Washington County tgs, etc...PD/SO tgs aren't quite so orderly, but I wonder if that block from 611-620 aren't all used for the same thing...if that's the case, 617 being a training tg would make loads of sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.