Tg 62064 - WCCCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Soooo...any guesses as to what company it is? It's defiantly security, and it's a patch (only one radio ID for dispatch and multiple units). I've heard addresses in Portland and Clackamas among others. Most unit IDs seem to be three digits. And no strange 10 codes like Providence!

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Actually "Public Safety Education Building 110"...

Got it! This is Portland Community College Public Safety. Just heard "Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building", which is on their Cascade campus.

Confirmed - it's a simulcast of BOEC TG 17456 - PCC Public Safety Dispatch

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Got it! This is Portland Community College Public Safety. Just heard "Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building", which is on their Cascade campus.

Confirmed - it's a simulcast of BOEC TG 17456 - PCC Public Safety Dispatch

Nice hahh! Do you know if all of their security is on the Portland system or do they have TG's on the WCCCA system? (I've seen the security guys on the Rock Creek campus with MTS2000's)

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Nice hahh! Do you know if all of their security is on the Portland system or do they have TG's on the WCCCA system? (I've seen the security guys on the Rock Creek campus with MTS2000's)

Looks like they've got three TGs on Portland, but I've only heard the primary dispatch on both...not the other nets.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Fyi, it is a pet peeve of many university Public Safety agencies to be referred to as "security" as they are typically a lot closer in model and authority to municipal police than private security. Cheers!

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Fyi, it is a pet peeve of many university Public Safety agencies to be referred to as "security" as they are typically a lot closer in model and authority to municipal police than private security. Cheers!
That's understandable...I only called them that before I knew who they were, merely to identify the type of traffic I was hearing. ;)

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber

I can respect that too, I just said that being quick in response.. but typically in my view, if you carry a gun on duty, you're a cop. If you carry a taser and/or oc instead, you're security. Crude, I know. In PCC's case, I know they carry and they are cops.

mjohnston4

I didn't think any CPS officers anywhere could carry in Oregon? It was brought up after the Virginia Tech shooting. Plus I dont remember seeing PCC CPS carrying. I know Pacific Univ doesnt.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I didn't think any CPS officers anywhere could carry in Oregon? It was brought up after the Virginia Tech shooting. Plus I dont remember seeing PCC CPS carrying. I know Pacific Univ doesnt.

I thought they did.. Idk maybe it has changed.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
ORS 352.385:
"Special campus security officers shall not be authorized to carry firearms as police officers and, except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, shall not be considered police officers..."

Oregon Senate Bill 405:
"The State Board of Higher Education may, at the request of a public university under its control, authorize the university to establish a police department and commission one or more employees as police officers. A police department established under this section has all of the authority and immunity of a municipal police department of this state."

SB 405 was passed for the University of Oregon since they wanted to change their campus public safety department into a police department. I remember one of the Eugene news stations saying that even then UOPD officers will still be unarmed. If they want to carry firearms they would have to have the state pass additional legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.