?TG: 6496 - Site 15 - UCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey team...

I nabbed a new one today from Site 15 (Point of the Mountain).

It was TG: 6496 and sounds like a Car to Car type of channel. It was two guys talking about being able to "ride" between Diamond Fork and Sheep Creek. They also mentioned Hobble Creek.

I know there is a Hobble Creek Golf course in Springville. I also believe that Diamond Fork is up near Strawberry reservoir.

tbogs

I've been studying the TG's for the Prison now for some time. The TG 6496 is fairly new...within the past month or so as the UCAN Engineers have been working on rebanding all the Department of Corrections radios. I believe it is the "Charlie Units" (vehicles that patrol outside prison perimeter) car to car. They call it channel 3. I have several sources within the Department of Corrections. I am learning there are several different channels on the outside of the Prison and on the inside. Outside enforcement is setup to have their own TG's separate from the inside of the Prison for security reasons. I'm not sure how many channels the Department of Corrections has but I know this...it is more than 30 altogether. They have three categories of channels: 1) Outside Enforcement 2) Inside Operations 3) Maintenance. Under each of these three categories are several subcategories or TG's...we have yet to discover.

Keep in mind, they know people like us listen in and the media so when incidents happen they don't talk over the radio...usually they will talk by phone. By any means I am not an expert but I have been studying for about a year on these frequencies. I want to pass this information along to those who are interested.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Tg: 6496

Hey team...

I nabbed a new one today from Site 15 (Point of the Mountain).

It was TG: 6496 and sounds like a Car to Car type of channel. It was two guys talking about being able to "ride" between Diamond Fork and Sheep Creek. They also mentioned Hobble Creek.

I know there is a Hobble Creek Golf course in Springville. I also believe that Diamond Fork is up near Strawberry reservoir.
Diamond Fork is up Spanish Fork Canyon (but its head approaches Strawberry). There are many Sheep Creek place names in Utah, but the one probably referred to is another tributary of Spanish Fork Canyon just east of Diamond Fork. Maybe the guys you heard took these pictures. :wink:

You can drive between Hobble Creek and Diamond Fork on a paved road. The ride between Diamond Fork and Sheep Creek is over a dirt road according to my topo maps.

Could be Utah County Sheriff Car-to-Car.

-Tim

P.S. The last time I was up Diamond Fork, a couple winters ago, I got my dad's Jeep Wrangler stuck into the snow and spend an hour digging it out, then had to back down the road for a half mile before I found a safe place to turn around. What fun!

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I've been studying the TG's for the Prison now for some time. The TG 6496 is fairly new...within the past month or so as the UCAN Engineers have been working on rebanding all the Department of Corrections radios. I believe it is the "Charlie Units" (vehicles that patrol outside prison perimeter) car to car. They call it channel 3. I have several sources within the Department of Corrections. I am learning there are several different channels on the outside of the Prison and on the inside. Outside enforcement is setup to have their own TG's separate from the inside of the Prison for security reasons. I'm not sure how many channels the Department of Corrections has but I know this...it is more than 30 altogether. They have three categories of channels: 1) Outside Enforcement 2) Inside Operations 3) Maintenance. Under each of these three categories are several subcategories or TG's...we have yet to discover.

Keep in mind, they know people like us listen in and the media so when incidents happen they don't talk over the radio...usually they will talk by phone. By any means I am not an expert but I have been studying for about a year on these frequencies. I want to pass this information along to those who are interested.
Hi tbogs. This should really be a new thread, but it's interesting info. Keep up the good work!

Hey, I've heard conventional traffic on 155.550 and 155.565 which are licensed to the state prison. Some of it sounds like kitchen or cafeteria talk. Could you check into this?

-Tim

tbogs

This TG I can confirm 100% is at the Prison. I was listening to this today as well and it was two "Charlie Units" (outside enforcement at the Prison) talking about places to ride their 4-wheelers while on their day off. Sorry Tim I should have started a new thread. As far as I know the Prison is all on the 800 Trunked System but I will check out the conventional traffic of those two frequencies as have you stated...thanks for the new info Tim!

Last edited:

tbogs

Just an FYI for this TG...it will only appear on site 15 because it is an internal Prison Security channel. This is NOT C2C for the whole Department of Corrections (AP&P included). I believe is it just the Prison (USP). I have not heard any AP&P on this channel...only the outside enforcement at USP. The main Prison Security channel is TG 7520. The secondary or C2C is TG 6496. Hope I haven't confused anyone.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Just an FYI for this TG...it will only appear on site 15 because it is an internal Prison Security channel. This is NOT C2C for the whole Department of Corrections (AP&P included). I believe is it just the Prison (USP). I have not heard any AP&P on this channel...only the outside enforcement at USP. The main Prison Security channel is TG 7520. The secondary or C2C is TG 6496. Hope I haven't confused anyone.
Thanks, I updated those two TGs. We could use some suggestions from you on how to notate the DOC TGs. Calling them DOC is redundant because that is the group name. I assume the bulk of them apply to the state prison, but others do not? Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to suggest a scheme for naming all the DOC TGs (as their use comes to light).

-Tim

tbogs

I don't have any good ideas just yet. Been spending time recording unknown TG's from site 15 and trying to identify what they are. Some TG's that belong to DOC can be heard on site 15 and site 3 (Like AP&P and the Prison Perimeter (USP Security). The TG's for the Prison at Draper and also Gunnison will only be heard on site 15 because they are inside communications. Then you have the half way houses that DOC runs that I have only heard on site 3 and i'm sure on other sites depending on where you are at.

What I try to do is be very specific on what I identify and the location. If its an internal Prison communication I'd put down, as you have now done USP. If a TG is identified as Gunnison (also called CUCF) I'd put down CUCF. I hope this doesn't sound so confusing. I know all these TG's are assigned channel numbers, its just a matter of trying to listen and identify them.

If anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions please feel free. The more, the better luck we'll have at figuring the DOC TG's.

frequencyman

Why not tag it Draper State Prison and any prison location that you heard.
Its lot easier than just USP.
We tag our with what the State calls it,i,e, Chatham CI(Correctional
Institute).

\ James,
In georgia

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
It would be helpful, too, to know what the abbreviations are for, such as "CUCF" for the Gunnison facility.

tbogs

DOC refers to the two state prison's here in Utah as Draper site (USP-Utah State Prison) or Gunnison site (CUCF-Central Utah Correctional Facility). You will hear tons of radio traffic on TG 6560 (these are AP&P and transportation units for DOC) referring to moving inmates from USP to CUCF and vice versa or to other county jails, etc.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
...You will hear tons of radio traffic on TG 6560 (these are AP&P and transportation units for DOC) referring to moving inmates from USP to CUCF and vice versa or to other county jails, etc.

Do you know anything about private transport companies doing transports for the Prison/Jail/Courts?

tbogs

The Department of Corrections is not by private transport. They are armed Corrections Officers that are in the Transportation Department or are AP&P. Not sure about counties but I believe the counties work the same. I'm not aware of any inmates or offenders in this state being transported privately.

tbogs

You should check out the 8014 TRS.

There are two TGs on there that are doing nothing but transports.

I know for a fact DOC does not transport privately. Can't speak for jails but as far as the Department of Corrections is concerned Armed Transportation Officers who are Corrections Officers do the transporting of state inmates.

I am curious to listen to the frequencies and TG BNEILSON that you gave...to find out which jail is allowing private transport...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.