TG 7034

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
I’m hearing TG 7034 frequently from my home in Ishpeming. RR lists it as U.P. DNR Fire Management. Does anybody here have a more specific location for it? Listening to their activity hasn’t helped me pin it down to a specific locality.

wgbecks

TG 7034 is used by the Michigan DNR and is the Upper Peninsula wide fire management talkgroup used in all counties to coordinate
fire response where you'll also hear the aircraft on fire patrol. So far as I can tell, this TG multicasts on all sites regardless of SU affiliation.

wgbecks

When monitoring TG-7024 (FMUP) you'll hear interactions between the ICC and the DNR Forest Management Units located at Baraga, Crystal Falls, Escanaba, Gwinn, Newberry, Sault Ste Marie, and Shingleton in addition to the aircraft engaged in fire patrols.

Communications activity on this talkgroup varies seasonally. Field units responding to fires break off from FMUP and continue to communicate on designated Fireground or Forest Mangement Unit talkgroups and often work talk directly from unit to unit on VHF FM when onsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.