TG per site & 700 mhz talkgroups on 396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGroves

I remember seeing a thread a while back that had a list of which talkgroups run off of each site for the DTRS. I can't find it. Someone point me to it.

The other thing is that since I got my 396 I've tried to use a 700 mhz control channel such as the one in Fort Lupton (774.83125). First thing is when I program it in to the Uniden software it cuts off the last 5. The second thing is the band plan? I can't find anything on google about it. Apparently this is done for me on my pro96. I know my band plan for the 800 mhz CC's is 6.25. Is it something different with the 700's? You can program a lot of band plans. Does it matter which CC's you put in there? I googled to read more about it and went throug the owners manual, but couldn't find anything that explains this.

Thanks,

Doug

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
You should be able to program the 700 MHz control channels (without the last digit, it works fine) without inputting the 700 MHz band plan into the radio. Just program the primary (red in the database) and secondary (blue in the database) control channels listed and everything should take off on it's own.

But for reference, here are the band plans:

800 MHz
Base: 851.00625 MHz
Spacing: .00625 MHz
TX Offset: -45 MHz

700 MHz
Base: 762.00625 MHz
TX Offset: 30 MHz

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Also no band plan needed you should be able to just program the 700 or 800MHz control channel. Or download them directly from the RR database using ARC-396 Pro.

Jim<

DGroves

800 MHz
Base: 851.00625 MHz
TX Offset: -45 MHz

700 MHz
Base: 762.00625 MHz
TX Offset: 30 MHz

The spacing listed above being mhz would be 6.25 khz as the Bearcat software uses I'm assuming. I don't know how to input tx offset. Is there someplace for that in the 396t or the software?

I am getting some traffic on the Fort Lupton site today. I guess they just weren't talking early this morning before I went to sleep.

Thanks for the list. I'm putting my all of talkgroups in with only the sites they broadcast on as it seems to me that the 396 is real picky and gets stubborn about which site it uses. I've found that I almost have to lockout all of the CC's but the one I want. Anyone else experience this?

Doesn't the ARC-396 cost like $40? That's money I don't have. I have to defer payments just to get this thing. I'm a bad person. I'm still waiting on Uncle Sam. He owes me a lot of money and is ducking me. I might have to take a peverbial baseball bat to his peverbial knee caps.

Even the blue ones? I've never programmed a blue CC's. I know it says they are alternate control channels. Has anyone actually had them work as such?

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Don't worry about it cutting off the last 5 on that. Mine does it and I'm using Arc396. I haven't had many problems with it choosing cc on its own, it usually sits on which ever is closest, it has giving me problems once, but I restarted it and t didn't give me any problems. The alternate I would say program, its hard to here much going on if you don't. I have noticed that it will sit on the main cc until someone will start to talk then it will switch over to one of the alternates like it is designed to.

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
If you want you can take a look at how I have mine setup here in Lupton, not sure if you can open the file I saved off of unidens software.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Don't expect to hear a whole lot on 700 only sites such as Ft. Lupton and Gunbarrel.

The Adams/Thornton simulcast 700 MHz site is about the only one with consistent activity.

I hear Ft. Lupton PD all the time on the Bald Mtn site at work.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.