TGID Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Other than RR, are there any good TGID resources out there? I cant seem to find FCC listings anywhere, and I would like to figure out what some of the TGIDs are that I am finding in some of my local sites (Central/Western Massachusetts)

Scott

captclint

Mentor
Other than RR, are there any good TGID resources out there? I cant seem to find FCC listings anywhere,
TGID's are not part of any FCC documentation. They are assigned dynamically by the system operator, and are often "considered" proprietary by them. Quite often, there are local fire and scanner boards that will have this info. Check to collaborate link to each of the counties in your area. Sometimes, there will be links to such forums. You can also google for the trunk system name, or even the frequencies to find other forums.

However, one the strongest features of this site is trunking contributions. You can be one of those contributors by doing what we all do. Listen, take notes about what you think the TGID's are, listen, take notes, and contribute.

Last edited:

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I'm working on doing :) The problem is, other than State PD, there's not much Public Safety related in my area that is on a trunked system. Most of them are business related.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thats part of the fun (?) of listening to trunked systems, discovering who's who. Sometimes it's real easy, sometimes things click with knowledge you may have of what you hear, and sometimes it will drive you nuts... but it's satisfying when you positively ID a talkgroup. Well, to us it is at least. My wife failed to see the appeal in it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.