Tgid

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidvel

On a BCD 396 XT:
Is there a (quick) way to check the TGID of a channel where you have a text label assigned to it. (other than going through the menu, finding the channel and looking...)

soncorn

Hold on the channel. Then hold down the function button and hit the number 5. That toggles between the TGID number and name on the 396T, it might be the same on the the 396XT.

Also I know on the 996XT you can use display mode 2 which will show the TGID and the name at the same time. So hold on the TG and hold the function key then hit 6 to change that mode.

Somebody else can pipe in and correct me if any of this is wrong.

Last edited:

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
My 396XT displays the TGID on the third line on the left side of the display when it picks up a transmission with a programmed TGID...it also displays TGID during IDSearch within a system of TGIDs.....other than that I think you just have to go through the menus.

davidvel

Also I know on the 996XT you can use display mode 2 which will show the TGID and the name at the same time. So hold on the TG and hold the function key then hit 6 to change that mode.

That did the trick. Thanks all for your help.

soncorn

Hold on the channel. Then hold down the function button and hit the number 5. That toggles between the TGID number and name on the 396T, it might be the same on the the 396XT.

I was incorrect. This works on the 396T but not on the 396XT.

On the XT Func+6 will do the trick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.