TGID'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

I have the 436, I put in some TGID'S but do not hear anything do I need to turn something on in Sentinel what am I missing ? hope someone can help on this matter
Thanks

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I think we're going to need a little more info.

dallascowboys

Hope this is the info you need, went into Sentinel turned on the Dothan P25 PHase1 System TGID'S, while listened for a bit I found some TGID'S, so went back into Sentinel and put them in and turned off TGID'S, I do not hear any of the new talk groups that I put in was I supposed to leave the talk groups on ? thanks for the reply back.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hope this is the info you need, went into Sentinel turned on the Dothan P25 PHase1 System TGID'S, while listened for a bit I found some TGID'S, so went back into Sentinel and put them in and turned off TGID'S, I do not hear any of the new talk groups that I put in was I supposed to leave the talk groups on ? thanks for the reply back.
More than likely, the service type for the added frequencies is not active. Unless you changed it, the default for a manually added TGID, or conventional channel frequency, is Custom 1. Make sure that whatever service types you selected for your manual entrees are active.

Also, did you add them to an existing department within a system? Or added a department just for the new talkgroups?
If you manually created a new department for them, did you add location information? If you did not, but are using location control on your Favorites list, then the new items may being ignored because location is set to zero degrees for both latitude & longitude. That would be a spot off the coast of Africa, and ell out of any range for the scanner to monitor.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
added to an existing department, Dothan p25 TGID was a Dothan talk group so I added it to the Dothan P25 site.
But did you verify whether the Service Type was enabled?
Did you enter the 'found' Dothan talkgroup to an existing department on the system? Or did you create a new system to place the additional TGIDs?

dallascowboys

Did not create a new system added TGIDS to the existing department, and service type is enabled, can hear the Dothan PD but not the talk groups I put in. Thanks for getting back to me on this, I have doubled checked everything can not figure this out.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Did not create a new system added TGIDS to the existing department, and service type is enabled, can hear the Dothan PD but not the talk groups I put in. Thanks for getting back to me on this, I have doubled checked everything can not figure this out.
Hmm

Not to be redundant, but you did download the updated file to the scanner, right? Other than service type and location issues, which you appear to have already checked, any chance the new TGIDs were accidentally avoided?

Other than that, maybe post your file, or at least an *.hpe file with how that system is programmed. Maybe another set of eyes can spot something.

Attaching an *.hpe file to a post

Use Sentinel to "read from scanner" if you have made changes on the scanner that were not also made in Sentinel.
Then, export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file. Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place. The Export function is listed under the File drop-down menu. If you have more than one list, export each Favorites list separately.

Note: To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or another file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.hpe' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.hpe.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.hpe, then it can be imported into Sentinel for viewing.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I'm willing to help. I'll send you a PM with programming instructions and go from there!

Status
Not open for further replies.