Thales Model 23386 1600500-1 Broadband Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

Can anyone point me in the direction where I could find the "older style" Thales Model 23386 1600500-1 Broadband Antenna, in like new cosmetic condition? The ones that have been on ebay are either well worn with scuff marks,scratches etc... or have just plain been beat to sh*t.

Older Style Thales Antenna.jpg

Ubbe

You don't receive with the rubber that have been scuffed off. Put a crimp tube over the broken places, preferable the type that have glue inside them, and they will be like new again. Just enough of lenght of the crimp tube to cover the scuffes, and the broken line near the base of the antenna in that picture.

/Ubbe

cmdrwill

Ubbe probably meant to say heatshrink tubing. Raychem makes some really nice heatshrink tubing that stays semi soft.

Ubbe

Ubbe probably meant to say heatshrink tubing. Raychem makes some really nice heatshrink tubing that stays semi soft.
Thanks. I meant to say shrink tube but wrote crimp tube. But heatshrink tubing are a more appropriate name and it can be used for all sorts of things that need to be fixed in one way or the other.

/Ubbe

prcguy

The problem with shrink tube in this case is the MBITR radio this antenna will go on. It would be like driving around in a Lamborghini with all four tires swapped out with those little spare tires that come with some compact cars. Yes it will get you down the street. No you don't want to be seen doing it.

QUOTE="Ubbe, post: 3375565, member: 86563"]
Thanks. I meant to say shrink tube but wrote crimp tube. But heatshrink tubing are a more appropriate name and it can be used for all sorts of things that need to be fixed in one way or the other.

/Ubbe
[/QUOTE]

TDR-94

^
prcguy "hit the nail on the head". I'm willing to pay good money,not stupid money,for one in as close to as possible original condition. I'm just not interested in "putting lipstick on a donkey d*ck".

Status
Not open for further replies.