• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Thales PRC-7332 (Liberty) batteries available

TRITIUM3

I found third party PRC-7332 batteries new on eBay today - just ordered one to see how they are . $79

prcguy

I see some for $84.99 but they look like Thales OEM not aftermarket. If they are real Thales they are very old. I also see some similar new batts for the PRC-154A Rifleman Radio for $40.99 and they have the foreign mfrs name on the label.

TRITIUM3

It looks like these are coming from a china seller - but honestly if they work I’ll be happy, I need a few spares. It’s worth the $75 (with coupon) to take a chance.

1600691-1 for THALES HF radio battery 7.2V 35Wh Li-Ion Battery AP003017092011

prcguy

Considering its the only ad for Liberty batteries on the entire planet, I would say its worth a try.

QUOTE="TRITIUM3, post: 3748006, member: 1546357"]
It looks like these are coming from a china seller - but honestly if they work I’ll be happy, I need a few spares. It’s worth the $75 (with coupon) to take a chance.

1600691-1 for THALES HF radio battery 7.2V 35Wh Li-Ion Battery AP003017092011
[/QUOTE]

TRITIUM3

I haven’t received my order yet, but I contacted the china eBay seller and he says the are absolutely new, so my thought is an oem copy (with the brand sticker copied as well). eBay listing say 17 have been sold and it was just posted a week ago? So it looks like a lot of people are giving them a try.

kavemankel

Premium Subscriber
I ordered 2 of them to give them a try. I haven't received my order yet either but will update in about 10 days. My order was placed the end of last month and i should be getting them any day.

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
I ordered two of these batteries on October 20, 2022 and received them in a suburb north of Chicago on November 8, 2022. 29 days transit time from China. Came via DHL from China to California and then via the USPS to my location.

Batteries came wrapped in a plastic bag inside a box. See attached photos. They seem to be made of quality material and one of them currently is sitting in the charger waiting tor a full charge. They did arrive completely drained. Will check radio operation with them after charge is complete.

Attachments

• IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2872.JPG
    IMG_2872.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 10

TRITIUM3

I received my battery as well (ordered 1 as a test). Initially it would not communicate with a third party charger , but then when I used the Thales charger it did start to work (and now works on both)…so communication is a bit quirky, but bottom line is they work, so I’ll order a few more…it’s not like there are other options anyway

Attachments

• 86477D2F-8E24-47F2-A764-104F90B01A42.jpeg
    86477D2F-8E24-47F2-A764-104F90B01A42.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
Have tested both of the new batteries on my PRC 7332. No issues at all. Good battery life and they charge up after use with no issues. As info, I am using an OEM Thales charger.

TRITIUM3

Mine have worked fine now for a week…not sure why battery communication with that other charger was intermittent at first, but all good now. Ordered three more. Price is now $66 on eBay

hamopt

Premium Subscriber
I'm not able to find a charger for my prc-7332. Is there a alternative charger out there?