Thank you, Brian Shoop, N9WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks are again in order for Brian Shoop, who has tirelessly answered the many questions of a couple of former scanner enthusiasts that have fairly recently returned to scanning, and guiding us through the purchase of equipment that will enable us to scan the new digital MECA system that our city (Indianapolis) is changing over to.

We are now the proud owners of a BCD396T handheld, and a BCD996T desktop model from Uniden. We had a terrible time with the convoluted and confusing manuals that came with these scanners, and without Brian's help, we would have been completely at sea. We had called and emailed Uniden many times trying to get some help, but have been given just enough info to get us into trouble, and were unable to register the units, get the updated software, download the software, program the units, etc. With Brian, the information he gave us was clear, he went out of his way to explain things, he answered all emails right away, and we are now up and running!

These are terrific units, and we now have them registered, upgrades installed, and completely programmed. Brian even emailed us detailed instruction sheets with illustrations that enabled us to get form A to B without difficulty. It amazes us that in this day and age, someone will go out of his way to patiently help total strangers with no thought of personal gain.

We were getting very discouraged before we ran into Brian, but because of him, we are now back into the hobby and enjoying it again.

Thank you Brian! You are a real asset to the radio community!

Dustman and Cherie

N9WP

No problem Dustman and Cherie, glad I could help you guys out.

For those that do need help, I'm always willing to help. The link in my signiture will take you to my Boone County scanner feed webpage but from that page you click on the usd files link where you can download the usd files to program a 396 or 996 scanner for the central and West central Indiana area (also East central Illinois). Also on that page I've put the PDF "how to" documents that Dustman and Cherie were talking about that helped them. They are still "rough" but should help someone out that may be trying to use my files to program their scanner.

Just an FYI for everyone, I hope to get my feed back online this afternoon too.

Thanks again for the kind words and I'm always here to help, so are many others on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.