Thanks Airmed 1 Lifeguard Air Ambulance Dispatcher for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it's the radios, the users, or what, but fortunately it's not too common. Has a way of catching you off guard...

Quick question - curious if you're locking out encrypted TG's on your Uniden's? I'm debating because occasionally I'll hear stuff in the clear. But it's at the expense of slower scan speeds. Sometimes they can sit on these TG's for upwards of 5+ seconds, and that's a long time. I can do it either way, just curious what others with Uniden's might be doing.

Ha, I noticed the same thing the other day. I ended up locking out AirMed 1.

Steve2003

I do lock them out. I find it more annoying when something has mixed encryption, if you have a delay set on a mixed channel, the second the scanner sees crypto it continues on (at least in my case). I found it more annoying seeing something flash on the screen quickly than anything.

Not sure if it's the radios, the users, or what, but fortunately it's not too common. Has a way of catching you off guard...

Quick question - curious if you're locking out encrypted TG's on your Uniden's? I'm debating because occasionally I'll hear stuff in the clear. But it's at the expense of slower scan speeds. Sometimes they can sit on these TG's for upwards of 5+ seconds, and that's a long time. I can do it either way, just curious what others with Uniden's might be doing.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Steve.

I do lock them out. I find it more annoying when something has mixed encryption, if you have a delay set on a mixed channel, the second the scanner sees crypto it continues on (at least in my case). I found it more annoying seeing something flash on the screen quickly than anything.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
It was just a fairly loud radio/transmission compared to most and the Uniden's don't handle it well. Still loud and distorted with the volume offset set to -1.

I missed the punchline... what are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.