Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I would like to thank my fellow railfans for all the helpful info on this site. Hearing CSX on the scanner brings out the little kid in me. Speaking of the distant past, does anyone else remember putting pennies on the tracks so the train would squash them into ovals?

rwier

I would like to thank my fellow railfans for all the helpful info on this site. Hearing CSX on the scanner brings out the little kid in me. Speaking of the distant past, does anyone else remember putting pennies on the tracks so the train would squash them into ovals?

Absolutely! And a high quality 1/2" ball bearing would mash down flush with the top of the rail without apparent deformation.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hmmm, reminds me of the junk I put on the tracks and with all the traffic on the Northeast Corridor I was pretty busy. I still have the penny squashed by the Kennedy funeral train on my key ring. There is a downside though, I was in Rahway (NJ) and the train heading north came around a blind curve and squashed four people standing on the tracks in Elizabeth.

Speaking of jalapenos, meet my leetle friend... Jose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.