That looks like fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganPig

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060818/METRO/608180443

I never did bother looking into Marine Patrol. I'm kinda dumb now that I think about it. Cool boats, cool jet skis, be out in the sun and fun everyday and most of all Women in Bikini's

I heard Oakland county has two Hover Craft?? Now wouldn't that be fun to drive around for a little bit, I also heard they have a large amount of SeaDoos

bigbluemsp

I'm glad those departments have money to train. We are going to lose ours up here so someone can buy our boats.

From the Ferndale Police/Fire Show Friday

Macomb County Sheriff's Patrol Boat PB9

255u92f.jpg

255uag0.jpg

They went cheap with front warning lighting. Only 2 small Whelen Strobes to the front but several Whelen TIR 3's to the rear.

kc8bdk

Premium Subscriber
PB 9 is the "dog" of the MCSD Marine Division. I wouldnt complain if I "HAD" to work with it, but some of the officers like it, others hate it. Most of the time its on its trailer, waiting to be launched, or in parades.

Their new Fountain is the "poster child" of how Marine patrol should be. Its fast, lit up like a christmas tree, and just LOOKS like a pursuit watercraft.

As far as "form and function" go, the Cherokee workboats might not be fast, but the way they are setup, it would be a nice shift.

I will see what I can do to get some Pix of the other boats in the upcoming weeks.

seamusg

MichiganPig said:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060818/METRO/608180443

I never did bother looking into Marine Patrol. I'm kinda dumb now that I think about it. Cool boats, cool jet skis, be out in the sun and fun everyday and most of all Women in Bikini's

I heard Oakland county has two Hover Craft?? Now wouldn't that be fun to drive around for a little bit, I also heard they have a large amount of SeaDoos
Maybe that's why in Macomb. There are also approximately 70 Marine Safety Officers. These are private citizens who volunteer their time to assist our division. The purpose of this program is to assist Sheriff in promoting safer boating on Lake St. Clair and its connecting waterways.

Hoofy

""I never did bother looking into Marine Patrol. I'm kinda dumb now that I think about it.""

Not all marine patrol is fun and games....
Dragging for bodies, picking up a floater after several days in the water and sometimes you have to be out there because only stupid people are out in such conditions and you have to try to help or save them from their stupidity.
Maybe you're smarter than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.