The 396.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm just starting this thread because I am looking for suggestions as to how I can better organize the channels in my 396T.

Currently I have each trunked system organized as its own "system" in the scanner, and a "system" with all the conventional stuff in my area, Followed by another "system" for each county.

Any comments/Suggestions/ideas?

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good to me, I have mine about like that. I have each counties conventional and trunked in its own system, with state and federal or whatever it might be in their own systems. Its one of things, whatever suits you best, however you are comfortable with it. I'm fairly new to the 396, but I have it organized like listed above with a quick to each system and different quick keys to groups with in a system. I live in Colorado so most of what you have is digital P25, conventional, and an EDACS system in the Denver metro area.

troymail

Silent Key
I have one jurisdication/county per quick key... inside I try to set them up with the same sub-groups -- i.e. Fire dispatch/routine (QK-1), Fireground (QK-2), Public Works, (QK-7), Police Main TGs (QK-9), etc. That way, when I switch from system to system, the "types" of activity are generally all in the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.