• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The 4th scanner traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

So how busy is everybody else's area here on the 4th? Here in Phoenix it is quite busy..lots of shootings and of course shots fired calls. Had 2 foot pursuits already and probably much more to come.

-Dylan

RolnCode3

Here in Sacramento, it's been crazy. I was working and was on the calls, but anyone listening to activity on the river must have been overloaded.

We deployed PepperBall guns in a few different places to stop the fights. I wound up with about 5 victims who got beat with rocks, oars, bottles, and just about anything else the group could grab. Group of about 30 was travelling along knocking the snot out of everyone not in their group. I would bet we had about 2 dozen fights that needed attention, and numerous medical calls.

Even the command post seemed overwhelmed at times.

jake14

Not to bad down in Anne Arundel County MD except for some tard running around with a machete right down the street

But mostly firework complaints .. which are illegal down here

scankid2591

• Nonstop fireworks calls last night... NON STOP I kid you not.
  • Several shots fired calls, a few were FOR SURE not fireworks.
  • 211, suspects on the run...
  • Fights... Lots and lots of fights. That kept EMS busy.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
we ran a heavy call volume from about 6 pm to 12am.. lots of batteries , fire calls , auot accidents. we never had less that 26 calls on the cad at once... you can check out my scanner feed at the link.. its from pinellas county fire/rescue..
http://67.9.17.161:8000/

you can also look at our cad at this site..

http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/ces/ActCallsPub.htm

SCPD

scankid2591 said:
  • Nonstop fireworks calls last night... NON STOP I kid you not.
  • Several shots fired calls, a few were FOR SURE not fireworks.
  • 211, suspects on the run...
  • Fights... Lots and lots of fights. That kept EMS busy.
Yup, exact same thing here with a few shootings. Only there were non stop firework calls, and every caller stated that "these are gunshots, not fireworks." And everytime a unit went on scene, he comfirmed that they were fireworks.

-Dylan

indepmo

One man is dead after a melee following a Fourth of July celebration near Osage Street and Shoshone Drive in unincorporated Jackson County just outside of Independence.

Jackson County Sheriff's deputies were called to the area about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

"Everybody just scattered," said spokesperson Ronda Montgomery.

The victim, Henry "Hank" Hernandez, 40, was interviewed by officers, but showed no signs of serious injury other than a bump on the head, Montgomery said. He went home complaining about not feeling well. About midnight he was unresponsive and later died at an area hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.