The 80s called... they want their store back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Probably can be found on YouTube...

Yea I saw it once after the super bowl a few days ago. Dont remember what channel. It was probably on History, Discovery, or Spike.

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Probably can be found on YouTube...

Thank you both for your help. I wanted to see it on t.v. again so I can tape the commercial because it was funny.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Just got to wondering, has anyone seen a list of the stores that`ll be closing? I wanna see if any in WI are gonna close, not that i care, but it might be good for a chuckle when i head to Dayton this May, might make for some laughs on the train, and a neat way to pass the time on the run :D. As i said, i don`t even get bateries there anymore, can`t get there (no bus access to where it`s located, and cabs are gnarly expensive around here unfortunately), and their staff are...shall we say...slightly less than helpful, or nice. If the one in this area were to close i wouldn`t lose any sleep over it :). N9NRA

com501

Radio Shack became useless in the Reno area years ago, and the ONLY electronics parts store closed up after the first of the year, this year. We had orders pending with them, and no one even seems to know when they actually closed the doors or where they went.

Now we have no source for any kind of parts in the entire Reno/Carson City area. There is no Fry's here, and Best Buy doesn't stock anything I can't order from Amazon. Besides, every time I have been to Fry's it was an exercise in 'is this part rebagged and sold as new even though it is plainly been used before?' I got tired of that in a hurry.

The major inconvenience of not having ANY local store to support any kind of hobbyist or local businesses becomes painfully obvious when you need something (like a roll of solder, or a new soldering station because you broke yours) RIGHT AWAY, and there isn't anything. Not having a retail source for any kind of wire, cable, connectors or anything except the most basic parts you might get lucky and find at Lowes or Home Despots is problematic for even the average consumer.

I guess the plug and play, 'call the installer' world is finally with us.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Just got to wondering, has anyone seen a list of the stores that`ll be closing?

I've been looking for the list, but I haven't seen it yet.

Radio Shack's quarterly earnings announcement will be held at 10:00am Tuesday, March 4th, so it's possible that the list will be released at that time.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking for the list, but I haven't seen it yet.

Radio Shack's quarterly earnings announcement will be held at 10:00am Tuesday, March 4th, so it's possible that the list will be released at that time.

Already read some news on it from our local news website, no list out as of yet :(. Only reason i even care is i wanna see if any stores in WI are on the chopping block. As i`ve said, i don`t even go there anymore, so i say "Let `em go" :)." N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.