The Arsons Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Horses killed in string of suspicious fires

Michigan State Police and other authorities are investigating a string of suspicious fires this morning in Clyde Township, including a barn fire that killed 18 horses.

Clyde Township firefighters received a call about 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning that a barn on the 3100 block of McLain Road.

Fire Chief Gary May said the barn was already engulfed in flames when firefighters reached the scene. None of the horses survived the incident.

Other McLain Road fires discovered this morning include a truck and porch fire in the 3400 block, dog house-shed in the 3300 block and a garbage can in the 3100 block.

Family members doused the porch fire before it could burn the rest of the house. No people were injured in the fires.

Several fire departments responded to the calls.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060909/NEWS05/60909001

This is 10 in 2 weeks. Tonight I was listening to my scanner and someone set a field of Hay Bails on fire at the north end of the county.....

So thats 11 for the 14 day streatch. $5000 reward per arson is being offered by insurance companies.

MSP Arson Investigators are looking into each case but it's believe to all be linked to one person.

bigbluemsp

I will.......

So far they struck in the following twps

Kimball
Port Huron twp
Burchville
Clyde
Wales
Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.