RadioFeed The Best Way To Split A Feed With Alpha Tags?

Fugly

Feed Provider
I'm trying to figure out the best way to divide my current feed and keep the alpha tags.

I got a second scanner for Christmas and would like to add more channels and split the Police and Fire transmissions into their own separate bands.
I know I can turn it into a stereo feed, but will I lose the alpha tags by doing so?

If at all possible, I'd prefer not to have to do two feeds, but it's an option.

If you guys could point me in the right direction,
I'm all ears...

Thanks

Equipment:
Uniden BCD996P2
GRE-500

you could use a usb audio card for one and your line for the other. That's what I use now but I only have one feed, the other i use to record. You probably need Radio feed for one and ScannerCast for second feed.
The Official Broadcastify ScannerCast Software
ProScan's RadioFeed
USB To 3.5mm Mic/Headphone Jack Stereo Headset Audio Adapter 7.1 (check ebay)
You will need another 3.5 audio cable and another data cable for second scanner. You can sill have two Meta Data tags going at the same time using two scanners on one computer.

Last edited:

Fugly

Feed Provider
I have all the cables and USB sound card. Waiting on ground loop isolator.
My main concern is when running two instances of Radiofeed, will I have a problem with the mount point on broadcastfy when trying to connect?

The way you connect your feed now , picking the feed to (connect) will be the same for other feed so it will give you a choice to pick (connect) what feed to mount . you will need to know what audio line your using and what port for meta data, not hard just do one feed at a time. If you have problems you could use Scannercast for one and radio feed for the other. AT one point I did have two feeds and used Radio feed for both.

Fugly

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info.
I'll work on it this weekend and if I have any problems, I'll let you know.