The Blantonl Command Post: 3/16/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo68

Lindsay you Command Post looks excellent and good mix of radios.

Regards Lino.

ALINCO-DJX2000
AOR-3000/AOR-3000A/AOR-8200MK3
ETON-E5 HF PORTABLE
GRE-PSR500
ICOM-R3/ICOM-R5/ICOM-R20/ICOM-PCR1000/ICOM-PCR1500/ICOM-R2500/ICOM-R9500/ICOM-92AD D-STAR
RADIO SHACK-PRO97
REALISTIC-PRO2035
UNIDEN-245/UNIDEN-396/UNIDEN-780/UNIDEN-996
YAESU-VX7R/YAESU-FT8800R/YAESU-VR500/YAESU-VR5000

weeksben1

Hello Friends:

Dang!!! Dude what are you complaining about...That is very nice...;)

I wasn't in anyway complaining, rather I'm looking for guidance/an idea as to how Lindsay connected a certain piece of equipment. I also have the monitoring console and was wondering how he has it connected to his computer.

weeksben1

I'm not having any issues with the NCS what so ever, I was simply wondering how you had it setup, since I'm setting up a similar configuration, but I'd also like to have the audio from my PC come out the same speakers. One other question, how do you have the discriminator taps for (and please forgive me if I miss a radio) 6 different radios feeding into only two USB soundcards?

Thanks

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
HMMM!
I've been wondering about an NCS console purchase myself. I have 5 scanners currently running. Is this thing worth the money?

Manny

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It definitely worth the money. ScannerMaster is a new distributor of the unit, so you should consider purchasing from them.

Ben, I've got 3 sound cards that support discriminator taps/audio from the radios. I manually switch them when I need to.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
So what does your mobile look like?
Great question, what does it look like? I my self am in to saving gas so my commuter car is a 1991 GEO Metro with four doors she looks brand new and gets 48 MPG I rebuilt this car from the ground up, she is very hot car with 12" tires less then a $100 for 4 of them, I drive about 80 miles a day, on-board stuff PSR-500 a TOMTOM GO730 gps a 200 watt sound system with MP3 and XM satellite, the tomtom and the PSR have there own amplified speakers, I just need a good laptop on-board with wifi and it would be one of the best Mobile command centers ever seen "LOL" I love this car it just needs AC, cold air. My 2008 silverado never See's the light of day and that's to bad as it has all of the rings and bells but gets 15 mpg. If it could only get 20MPG.

Ken

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Great question, what does it look like? I my self am in to saving gas so my commuter car is a 1991 GEO Metro with four doors she looks brand new and gets 48 MPG I rebuilt this car from the ground up, she is very hot car with 12" tires less then a $100 for 4 of them, I drive about 80 miles a day, on-board stuff PSR-500 a TOMTOM GO730 gps a 200 watt sound system with MP3 and XM satellite, the tomtom and the PSR have there own amplified speakers, I just need a good laptop on-board with wifi and it would be one of the best Mobile command centers ever seen "LOL" I love this car it just needs AC, cold air. My 2008 silverado never See's the light of day and that's to bad as it has all of the rings and bells but gets 15 mpg. If it could only get 20MPG.

Ken

Didnt spring for the AFM? Too bad or you could get 20 MPG

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
My mobile setup consists of an iPhone.... that's it.
I would, just love to have a iphone but I am with verizon and they do not support a iphone, a lot of guys that I work with have them, they are well very cool, techie but I have four bothers and five sisters my mom and my son all use verizon and the nieces and nephews do to, with a family this size I would have to put in a extra 40 hours a month just to pay the phone bill, Hum maybe I should get them all a iphone for Xmass so I can get one.:lol:

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

What brand & model is your black enclosed rack? Nice setup.

FlashSWT

I'm glad this thread got revived, I meant to ask originally and forgot. Lindsay, could you share which model USB soundcards you're using on thh Mac Pro for the discriminator tap inputs?

safetyobc

I think the greatest thing about this set up..... is the Mac's!

Sorry! I am an Apple Fanboy too! Love my Macbook Pro. My wife begged me not to buy it. After I got it, she went and bought her a Macbook. LOL.

The Mac Pro you have is a work horse! Geez I'd love to have one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.