The business case for a scanner case...

Do you use a scanner case (leather, neoprene) for your portable handheld scanner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been thinking long and hard about getting a scanner case for my handheld scanner, just can’t seem to make up my mind. I mean, I use a TPU case for my iPhone with a glass screen protector. I do have screen protectors on my BCD436HP and SDS100. Just can’t seem to decide to case or not to case. The SDS100 is usually with me in the car when I’m out and about, but more often than not stays in the car. But occasionally it comes with me clipped on my belt.

Any guidance and thoughts would be appreciated.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
In my book, the only reputable and durable case for the expensive Uniden SDS100 is the hard leather case sold by Scanner Master. I have dropped mine more than a few times and not even a scratch. Sturdy and strong and beefy, it fits like a glove and the keypad is easy to operate thru the protective plastic covering. I wouldn't use any other case.

Reactions: GM

Chronic

If Mfg made a scanner with a drop in charger with a smaller case size it might be beneficial. who wants to take a scanner case off the scanner to replace batteries and then put case back on

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Actually, my SDS100 rarely comes out of its case as I recharge it on the Spectrum Force stand without removing the case. Easier. If I had to replace batteries all the time, yeah that could be a pain. But I don't, so it won't.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
I didn't get a case for my SDS100 til I had the internal GPS mod, which takes off the belt clip.

WB9YBM

Any guidance and thoughts would be appreciated.

Initially I got a case just to keep the portable scanner from getting dusty--then I used the case as a "catch-all" for when I take the scanner on vacation (i.e. charger, program list, note pad & pen, etc.) to make sure I don't forget anything.

Going a step further--I went to a photo supply store for a carrying case. Good selection that way.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas for a screen protector for a SDS200 by any chance?

I trimmed to fit using a pair of scissors. I recommend using something that gives you a straight clean cut, otherwise it'll look wavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.