THE CASE FOR UPPER CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I USE MY BCD325P2 FOR A MOBILE SCANNER IN MY SUBARU FORESTER, IT FITS PERFECTLY IN THE SPACE BELOW THE HEATER CONTROLS.
MY 66 YEAR OLD EYES HAVE A HARD TIME READING THE DISPLAY SO WHEN I GO TO FREESCAN AND DOWNLOAD COUNTIES AND TOWNS INTO MY SCANNER, I GO BACK AND EDIT EVERYTHING INTO UPPERCASE.
THIS IS JUST A LONG WINDED WAY TO SAY, I WISH THE RR DATABASE WAS IN UPPER CASE.
JUST SAYIN...

cg

Premium Subscriber
Windows has options to increase font size for those with visual impairments. Scaling is the term I believe.

chris

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I USE MY BCD325P2 FOR A MOBILE SCANNER IN MY SUBARU FORESTER, IT FITS PERFECTLY IN THE SPACE BELOW THE HEATER CONTROLS.
MY 66 YEAR OLD EYES HAVE A HARD TIME READING THE DISPLAY SO WHEN I GO TO FREESCAN AND DOWNLOAD COUNTIES AND TOWNS INTO MY SCANNER, I GO BACK AND EDIT EVERYTHING INTO UPPERCASE.
THIS IS JUST A LONG WINDED WAY TO SAY, I WISH THE RR DATABASE WAS IN UPPER CASE.
JUST SAYIN...

I do the same thing, and I justify both lines to the center. I think it looks better and easier to read

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Another scanner user here who redoes everything in upper case.

I didn't know ProScan had that function to convert everything to upper case. I'll have to check that out when I get home (currently at work). That will definitely be a time saver. (y)

Last edited:

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I do the same thing, and I justify both lines to the center. I think it looks better and easier to read
I agree, after I import, I go through and I capitalize and center everything! I don't stop there, if I have room I enter --x-- on either side of an airport code or name. --x-- is supposed to be a propeller and two wings. If I have room, I put all kinds of stuff on either side of a name. If its a wealthy town it gets $$ on either side. My wife just laughs!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Another scanner user here who redoes everything in upper case.

I didn't know ProScan had that function to convert everything to upper case. I'll have to check that out when I get home (currently at work). That will definitely be a time saver. (y)

It's located in the lower menu Utilities -> Update Text Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.