The Classic RF-2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxii

I had a day off and went to the beach today, so I took my Panasonic '2200 to enjoy the noise free location. Normally I use it at work for FM since it's great on that band, but I wanted to see if it was still a MW wonder like I remember for daytime signals. I was not disappointed. Not only is the sensitivity amazing, being away from condo RFI showed how quiet the internal circuitry is. Stations all up and down the dial, and if I found a spot without one I just turned the ferrite antenna and one appeared. I haven't been a mediumwave DXer in decades since everything seems to be syndicated shows anymore, and I prefer hearing local programing, but I might start getting back a little thanks to this fantastic radio.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Glad you had a good time. Yes the RF2200 is one of the best portable AM/FM/Shortwave radios ever made. I have one plus it's European cousin the DR22. I listen to mine every night and get stations such as WSM, KMOX regularly. That rotatable antenna is what makes that radio so great. Plus it runs forever on the 4 D batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.