the dust storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0zed

kb2vxa said:
I saw a few who had sense enough to pull far off the road and wait it out. So why weren't you one of them?
there was no need for 74ft more of truck on site so I cleared the area , the hiway ended getting closed both dirs fo 5 hours
ghk

Austin4Wyo

n0zed said:
there was no need for 74ft more of truck on site so I cleared the area , the hiway ended getting closed both dirs fo 5 hours
ghk
Yeah, we have whiteouts of a similar fashion over the Divide between Cheyenne and Laramie, WY at around 8500 feet above sea level. Many of the truck drivers who tried to "clear the area" up there a cute nickname with local LEO/EMS crowds. They're often nicknamed "injured."

Just remember, you might not worry about your own driving, but you should ALWAYS worry about everyone else's. That becomes especially true when you're dealing with a significantly larger vehicle than most of the other drivers on the road. Santa Clause doesn't visit the morgue, or so I've heard.

n0zed

Austin4Wyo said:
Yeah, we have whiteouts of a similar fashion over the Divide between Cheyenne and Laramie, WY at around 8500 feet above sea level. Many of the truck drivers who tried to "clear the area" up there a cute nickname with local LEO/EMS crowds. They're often nicknamed "injured."

Just remember, you might not worry about your own driving, but you should ALWAYS worry about everyone else's. That becomes especially true when you're dealing with a significantly larger vehicle than most of the other drivers on the road. Santa Clause doesn't visit the morgue, or so I've heard.
I run I 80- all the time , chritsmas eve this year After getting acrosed Elk mtn I wished I didn't , light load ,snowing sideways and the normal wind 35 - 60 mph.
this storm in NM I was heavy , aroun 79,000 so the wind wasnt tossing me around much
I slowed down to 45 as I got into the dust and glad I did
ghk

Austin4Wyo

n0zed said:
I run I 80- all the time , chritsmas eve this year After getting acrosed Elk mtn I wished I didn't , light load ,snowing sideways and the normal wind 35 - 60 mph.
this storm in NM I was heavy , aroun 79,000 so the wind wasnt tossing me around much
I slowed down to 45 as I got into the dust and glad I did
ghk
Did you happen to get caught in any of those malestroms up on the Summit? Some interesting listening for some of those nights on the HP and WyDOT frequencies. My personal favorite was a guy who tried to bribe the HP unit at the road closed gate headed over the Summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.