The E-Comm 700MHz migration has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjf79

The End Is Here for e-comm( wars) provoice
Time to sell your pv scanners and head for the hills!!
lol
certain pv tgids already using new 700mhz p25 phase 2 100% encrypted system
Im sure by years end all e-comm users will be on the new system

SCPD

QRT
The End Is Here for e-comm( wars) provoice
Time to sell your pv scanners and head for the hills!!
lol
certain pv tgids already using new 700mhz p25 phase 2 100% encrypted system
Im sure by years end all e-comm users will be on the new system

Absolutely .. I said the end was near and no one listened or cared. But soon .. nothing to listen to but airplanes. :wink:

I am not selling anything .. but will throw all the radios in a box when the day comes. Keeping them for sentimental reasons. When I am old and senile I may want to keep the memories of when the scanner hobby still had some fun left in it.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely .. I said the end was near and no one listened or cared. But soon .. nothing to listen to but airplanes. :wink:

I am not selling anything .. but will throw all the radios in a box when the day comes. Keeping them for sentimental reasons. When I am old and senile I may want to keep the memories of when the scanner hobby still had some fun left in it.

Still have scanners from the 70s that were used before digital. Now they will be joined by the digital. Sad that transparency is dead, ruined by a few. I don't listen to our AFRRCs since it is mostly dead air, which seems to be happening in BC. It was really dead on my trips to BC over the past year. I even had to subscribe to Sirius to have something to listen to especially in the interior. But it doesn't help with traffic or weather reports. Will have to look at other social media to know what is going on in a timely manner. Unfortunately this is distracted driving so useless on the move. We have lost a lot of media reporters so anything news worthy seems to come out hours and days later. I guess we will always have the internet to fill in some of our down time.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Ahhh.. the good ole days.

If anyone has any meaningful contributions about E-Comm 700MHz migration, please contribute here.

Thanks! :)

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ahhh.. the good ole days.

If anyone has any meaningful contributions about E-Comm 700MHz migration, please contribute here.

Thanks! :)

Not anything to add, but an observation.

I see that there are some inter-op talk-groups listed and showing as encrypted. I would assume(we know what happens when you do that) with out looking at the bid specs, that the system is OTAR enabled. If that is so, encrypted inter-op makes sense. I would also assume that the law enforcement agencies in the lower mainland must work very well together to be able to agree upon and share encryption keys for the inter-op talk-groups.

I know there are those that don't think that having encrypted inter-op talk-groups can be done, However having OTAR, KMF, and a willingness to coordinate keys makes this a relatively easy task. Just got to keep egos in check.

rr129

Provoice is still up, New West and Port Moody had vanished off my BCD436HP. Updated my radio and still picking up PRV, switched over to the 700MHz NGRP to see what thats was like and now getting NFM PT0 and PT1 showing and allllllll encrypted.

Sucks as I just got this damn radio.....

Status
Not open for further replies.