The Final Rearrangement - No More Room To Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I have an R-5000, but I don't think it's as good as the R-1000, which I wish I wouldn't have sold.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I have an R-5000, but I don't think it's as good as the R-1000, which I wish I wouldn't have sold.
Seller's remorse is the nightmare of us all. It's what led me to replace the R75 that I had sold.

--
Mike

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Hi...

Where are the antenna switches? or are they all dedicated antennas?

Thanks
Joel

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I just thought they were individual cables to/from each antenna.

So you have them all hooked up to a single antenna?

Are the radios dedicated to specific functions, or bands, or frequencies to monitor?

What antennas do you use?

Thanks
Joel

eorange

Seller's remorse is the nightmare of us all. It's what led me to replace the R75 that I had sold.
My seller's remorse loop: Bought a VX-1R, sold it, missed it, bought another one, remembered why I sold the first one, sold it, bought a VX-3R -> keeping it!

Nice setup, by the way. Keep the 7300! It's a fantastic rig for the money. I've been using it to do WSPR.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
So you have them all hooked up to a single antenna?

Are the radios dedicated to specific functions, or bands, or frequencies to monitor?

What antennas do you use?

At the moment, they are all connected to my Wellbrook ALA1530LNP. My Pixel RF Pro-1B is generally what I have mounted out on the rotor, but I pulled it down so I could replace the amp it came with. The replacement should arrive Friday and I'll need to assemble a case for it and the bias tee. No dedicated purpose as I use what I feel like at the time.

--
Mike

N9JIG

Sheriff
Ah, seller's remorse! I have had 2 R71's and no less than 5 R7000's over the years, all of which I have regretted selling or trading. One of the R7000's I traded away and then bought back a year later. I am currently on my third R8500 and third IC746.

One of the rigs I really miss is my old Kenwood R5000, I really liked that radio, paid dearly for it and traded it away for basically nothing.

If I were you I would mount those speakers on the wall and that would clear a third of the second shelf for more radios or allow more flexibility.

eorange

I had a Icom R7000, which I actually sold to someone here. It was a very nice receiver, but other than being cell-unblocked (which isn't a major practical factor)...I actually don't miss it too too much.

Not to stray off-topic, but my Kenwood R5000 gets very warm while plugged in, but off. Do you remember if that's typical?

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Not to stray off-topic, but my Kenwood R5000 gets very warm while plugged in, but off. Do you remember if that's typical?

It is quite typical. Mine did as long as it was plugged into the mains. Once I converted it to 12v, it is a cool as a cucumber. :)

Search for the DCK-1 & DCK-2 13.6VDC power parts kit. I believe I got one via ebay.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.