The Final Rearrangement - No More Room To Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
Looking really good there, mbott. But as previously stated, move the speakers to free up more room. The speakers do not have any controls or displays on them so they can be moved out of reach/sight but within hearing distance. Then you can add those other radios that you didn't think you had room for...

mbott

Premium Subscriber
all that real-estate lost to speakers, you can get a good 3 or 4 more units in there if you move them!;)

SWMBO would mot be pleased.

Beautiful collection of gear... keep going up! I see another horizontal shelf in your future.

The Aux shelf I already added is just about at the limit my neck can support. But is is always a possibility, I guess. :)

--
Mike

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Wow thats some nice equipment you got there
Thanks, the above was 53 years in the making. Until I retired, my Sony ICF-2010 got me through for quite a long time since its purchase in 1991. Added the PL-660 and the ATS-909X when I sent the Sony off to Craig Sigenthaler at Kiwa. My first tabletop was a R75. The one in the pic was the cure for a case of sellers remorse.

--
Mike

majoco

Stirrer
If you got a mixer you could feed the stereo output to only two speakers and then adjust the balance to get the spatial effect - then you would have room for at least two receivers, maybe more.......

Behringer RX1602

mbott

Premium Subscriber
If you got a mixer you could feed the stereo output to only two speakers and then adjust the balance to get the spatial effect - then you would have room for at least two receivers, maybe more.......

I appreciate the info and I have thought about doing something very similar. But for now, I'll stick with my current arrangement that's simple enough for my simple mind.

--
Mike

a417

U+0000
I have a silly question. What if you took those glorified computer speakers and laid them down on their sides under the back of the monitors? Little piece of cardboard or foam cut like a wedge to point them roughly flat out(as I'm sure the backs are curved or contoured). Granted you wouldn't see the whole speaker but it should't affect the sound too much.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I like the setup but I have a suggestion, wall mount the monitors and free up the top shelf. Wall mounts for that small a monitor are so affordable from Monoprice.com. You may be able to add a third? My $0.02 opinion.

a417

U+0000
..or put them on movable swingarm mounts. 2nd hand ones from offices are cheap sometimes.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
All good suggestions and I may incorporate them sometime in the future if I decide that there is something I need to add. But for now, I just don't see the need. I was able to get both the R75 and the FRG-7 on the tabletop, so I'm good for the moment.

--
Mike

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I have a silly question. What if you took those glorified computer speakers and laid them down on their sides under the back of the monitors?

I never really answered this part of your question. The computer speakers are for my desktop (lower) and my laptop (upper). For right now, I prefer this arrangement. The desktop supports the SDRs, of which I have a choice of the three I have connected to the desktop.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.