The Flaky iOS Siren App

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1IWN

The reason the other posters were mentioning the possibility of SD Card issues was due to your very first post where you mentioned that the range was being reset to zero. When the SD Card gets corrupted weird voodoo could happen. Whether it actually affects your issue or not cannot be determined unless you try replacing or reformatting your SD Card. This often clears up problems, it may or may not fix yours but it is worth a shot. It is like restarting a computer when things get wonky, it often works but no one really knows what the issue was that caused the wonkiness.

Personally however I think the issue is more likely with the network or the app installation. Try deleting the app from your device and reinstalling it and perhaps rebooting the router.

The app is resetting its own range to zero. The scanner range does not change.

Every time I open the app, I have to reset the range, then I have to reconfigure the "Select Agency" aka service types. It asks me for the connection, which the IP address I have is already in there.

After that, sometimes it works fine. Sometimes I get the voice and no display. Sometimes I get no voice and no display.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times or more.

The SD card works perfectly. No issues with downloads or uploads. The scanner itself works without any issues at all... it's a dream machine.

It's just this flaky app that when it works is fantastic. The constant resetting and configuring of it every time I go to use it with mixed results of functionality makes it a pain the arse. :roll:

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
There isn't any way for the range etc. to work in the app. The functions are there to "eventually" control scanner from the app. Right now none of that works. So basically all you can do is listen and see the 536 from the app and do QK up to 9 as most have found. I have messed with the iOS and Android versions and about all you get to do is see a remote display and have audio. I am not 100% sure on what all works, but what you are doing is pretty much pointless to do as it has no effect on how the app works. whatever settings you have configured in the 536 will just run as it should, you connect to the scanner in the app and then just watch it and listen. The one thing you should do, for connection issues, is manually set the IP in your router for the scanner dongle and for it to not renew the connection. I did that and have had no connection issues since.

K1IWN

The one thing you should do, for connection issues, is manually set the IP in your router for the scanner dongle and for it to not renew the connection. I did that and have had no connection issues since.

I have done this, and I am still experiencing issues.

I gave up on the app controlling anything. At this point if I open the app and get anything to work (display, voice) with some ease, I just run with it.

The funny thing now is when it does work, I can't shut it off. I could exit the app, and it will keep going. The only way it stops is if I go out of range or shut the device completely off.

I can't listen with headphones as the feed goes through the speakers and will ignore the headphone jack. Another annoyance. I have given up on that idea, also, unless I see an update posted on here that at least something was addressed.

This app still has a mind of its own for me. I haven't ruled out a potential dongle issue (update was installed without problem) but I am 95% sure it's the flaky app. It's a surprise for me every time I use it. Either it works correctly with voice & display, or I get only voice, or I get nothing.

This app is like that famous Forrest Gump quote... It's like a box of chocolates... you don't know what you're going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.