The GRE support page is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

It's been 2 days now and now signs of the GRE support page or anything that has to do with scanners. You can see the product and accessory pages but if you want to order...nada, nothing. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. I worked for the Japanese for over 30 years and I know how they do things. The outside world never knows anything till it's to late.
I need the firmware updates 1.05 and 1.06. My unit is v 1.04 I have 1.07 and was told at one time that the latest update covers all previous updates, true?

mikey60

It's been 2 days now and now signs of the GRE support page or anything that has to do with scanners. You can see the product and accessory pages but if you want to order...nada, nothing. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. I worked for the Japanese for over 30 years and I know how they do things. The outside world never knows anything till it's to late.
I need the firmware updates 1.05 and 1.06. My unit is v 1.04 I have 1.07 and was told at one time that the latest update covers all previous updates, true?

I'm sure it's a temporary thing that the site is down.

There's no need to go through all of the updates. The latest update contains all updates and fixes, so if you have that one, just install it and you'll be all set.

Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Psr-300

I have saved v1.07 for the PSR-300 here and can send it to you directly if you are unable to get it from GRE.

SCPD

QRT
Just Murphy's Law - all is okay...

I heard from my contact at GRE that the server crashed a day after the Admin left on business travel. All should be back up early next week. I do not think the above comment ("outside world never knows anything till it's to late") applies to GRE. From what I know, they are and will continue to be very dedicated to their craft and the customer. Craig

someone2000

I heard from my contact at GRE that the server crashed a day after the Admin left on business travel. All should be back up early next week. I do not think the above comment ("outside world never knows anything till it's to late") applies to GRE. From what I know, they are and will continue to be very dedicated to their craft and the customer. Craig

Thanks for that info. I love my PSR-600, but this doesn't speak well to their staffing levels or planning for their customer-facing systems... Their admin should be able to leave and the site remain up. :)

Yes, yes, I can hear folks say "just let them make great radios!", but these days it's not really an option to have a moderately robust web-facing infrastructure to serve customers. Or outsource it to those who can provide it if you don't want to be bothered with having in-house domain-specific expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.